DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   support question about my new xl2... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/33463-support-question-about-my-new-xl2.html)

Bruce S. Yarock October 14th, 2004 04:05 PM

support question about my new xl2...

wow...what a camera! The first question I have right off the bat is, what's available to help support this front heavy beast for hand held? I saw something that has a support attached from the camera down to your belt, but I can't remember where.
Any help would be apprecited.
Bruce yarock

Christopher Go October 14th, 2004 04:30 PM

There are a lot of support products available for you to choose from. Although I'm unsure exactly if all of them will work with the XL2, I hope this can get your research started.

For one, DVInfo already has some article reviews on products like the DV Caddie and Marzpack

Then check out the DV Rig Pro over at DVTec

Finally, you'll want to purchase from one of DVInfo's sponsers:

EVS Online
16X9INC
BHPhoto
Zotz Digital
ZGC

16X9INC has some support products right on their front page, and I believe you can purchase the DV Rig Pro over at EVS Online as well, but check all of our sponsers for excellent support products.

Ralph Roberts October 14th, 2004 06:09 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Christopher Go : There are a lot of support products available for you to choose from. Although I'm unsure exactly if all of them will work with the XL2, I hope this can get your research started.

... -->>>

Now that's very USEFUL info! Thanks, I like the concept of the DV Caddie best so far.

--Ralph

Bruce S. Yarock October 14th, 2004 07:14 PM

Thanks, Chris. I'll be getting the caddie. Btw, what bag are you guys using? I'd like something big enough for the xl2 and accessories( preferably Kata).
Bruce Yarock

Christopher Go October 14th, 2004 07:28 PM

If you guys get the Caddie be sure to let us know how you like using it with your XL2s. I'm very curious about that setup as well. The DV Caddie is going for $209 at EVS.

Bruce, camera cases and bags may deserve another thread on its own, but I will be using a Pelican 1650 hard case for my future XL2 with padded dividers I think. I don't care for the foam stuff anymore.

I notice over at EVS they have the Portabrace CC-210-PW listed next to the XL2 as a recommended accessory, but it's $330. Check it out here

Joel Guy October 14th, 2004 08:14 PM

The Kata CCC-10 is quite nice. Though I'm waiting for the body only XL2, and therefore haven't placed the camera inside the bag, other members have said that it does in fact fit. It's a soft case, and supposedly the largest allowed as a carry-on on planes. If you wanted something a bit bigger, you could go for the CCC-1, which I'm sure will fit the XL2 and other accessories.

Bruce S. Yarock October 15th, 2004 12:18 AM

Thanks, guys.
Bruce yarock