DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   My subjective first impressions of the XL2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/33886-my-subjective-first-impressions-xl2.html)

Patrick Moreau November 9th, 2004 04:54 PM

I was thinking about heading down to Montreal to pick one up. It seems like it would be a fun trip and definitely worth it considering Henry's and vistek. Maybe somebody local to Montreal can see if they ship, possible have a website or get us a phone number. I wonder how many people would be interested at $5700?

David Lach November 9th, 2004 07:12 PM

Here's their Web Site: L.L. Lozeau

All the contact info is on there.

Patrick Moreau November 9th, 2004 07:23 PM

I found that site with osme searching, wasn't sure if it was the right one, and i tried to contact them but no luck via email. Maybe the phone will work.

David Lach November 9th, 2004 07:32 PM

Never asked anything via their Email, but they do answer to that number on their Site. You might stumble on someone who speaks french and not a whole lot of english though (which would be surprising). If that happens, just ask for an english speaking person to answer your question.

If they ship (which I don't know if they do), it might be an even bigger discount, since I'm guessing you'd only have to pay federal taxes. Not sure about that though, so don't quote me on this, but when I buy out of Quebec this is usually what happens. I have to say I don't care much about taxes since I get them fully refunded, but if it's not your case, this extra $4-500 could be sweet. Don't want to get your hopes up before you actually talk to someone there though ;-)

Roger Moore November 9th, 2004 08:51 PM

commercial@lozeau.com

I just emailed them about the PST matter. But I didn't ask them about the group purchase because I'm not really a good organizer and I'm not certain how it'd be done (who would collect and send the money? would they ship everything to my house and then you would come over and pick it up? etc.)

Andrew Petrie November 10th, 2004 03:11 PM

I bought my XL1S out-of-province. I only paid GST on it from Alberta, buying from Quebec should be no different. Just don't buy from the Maritimes, 15% regardless of where you shop from (crazy tax system out there)

Anyone from Toronto should consider the following however: The price of gas (at least 1 full tank) plus the hours of driving to get it may not appeal to you once you discover overnight shipping should be around $60. Personally, I'd go for shipping, I just came back from a 2-day drive from the South Eastern USA anyway :)

Patrick Moreau November 11th, 2004 03:30 PM

I have spoken with them and they came up with $6100 with GST included shipped here. There price i $5700 before tax and out of provine is not subject to PST so total is only $6100 and they said they would give me shipping included.

Roger Moore November 11th, 2004 03:44 PM

love it. gonna get it.

Patrick Moreau November 11th, 2004 03:51 PM

Roger

Where are you located, maybe we can purchase a pair and get a discount? It would we worth inquiring.