DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   I took the plunge at B&H!!!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/54423-i-took-plunge-b-h.html)

Mike Teutsch November 15th, 2005 10:26 AM

I took the plunge at B&H!!!!!

As if I did not have enough things to learn, I decided to get an XL2 and have even more to learn. But, hey that's how you stay young!

Wanted to let all know that B&H is a great place to buy this camera anytime, but right now their price is under $4,000 and includes free shipping. A four year Mack warranty is only $199.00. That is a better b]deal than Ebay. I couldn't pass it up! This will be my first new camcorder, and I plan on keeping it for a very long time.

Thanks to everyone who contributes so much, and makes this such a great forum. I contribute when I can, but many spend hours just answering others questions, and I wanted to make sure that you know that it is very much appreciated by all of us.

Thanks to Chris and everyone here, and support our sponsors.

Mike

Greg Boston November 15th, 2005 10:29 AM

Congratulations, Mike! I'm hoping you won't be having to shoot any hurricane footage with your new baby anytime in the next few years.

You're going to like the XL-2 once you become intimately acquainted with it.

-gb-

Mike Teutsch November 15th, 2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Congratulations, Mike! I'm hoping you won't be having to shoot any hurricane footage with your new baby anytime in the next few years.

You're going to like the XL-2 once you become intimately acquainted with it.

-gb-

I'm keeping one XL1s for the storms! Should post a little footage from Wilma.

I love intimacy, oh, are you talking about cameras? :)

Mike

Mike Berlucchi November 29th, 2005 09:05 PM

Hey Mike, I just did the exact same thing as you. I too have so much to learn but I guess the best way is "hands on". That price at B&H is awesome and now is as good of a time as ever to buy so I too took the plunge. Good luck and have fun with your new camera.

Mike Teutsch November 29th, 2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Berlucchi
Hey Mike, I just did the exact same thing as you. I too have so much to learn but I guess the best way is "hands on". That price at B&H is awesome and now is as good of a time as ever to buy so I too took the plunge. Good luck and have fun with your new camera.

Way to go Mike! I love mine and I know you will too. Now if I can just come up with something for DV#4, are you in? No better way to learn that camera than to jump in with both feet.

Best of luck---Mike

Eric Brown November 30th, 2005 01:12 AM

Mike, congrats on the purchase. The more I use this camera and see what its capabilities are, the more I love it. By the way, what camera did you own before the XL2?

Miguel Lombana November 30th, 2005 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
As if I did not have enough things to learn, I decided to get an XL2 and have even more to learn. But, hey that's how you stay young!

Wanted to let all know that B&H is a great place to buy this camera anytime, but right now their price is under $4,000 and includes free shipping. A four year Mack warranty is only $199.00. That is a better b]deal than Ebay. I couldn't pass it up! This will be my first new camcorder, and I plan on keeping it for a very long time.

Mike

Enjoy Mike, and as a fellow "now former" Floridian, don't talk too loud about hurricanes, the season still isn't over - "EPSILON"!

Hey enjoy the cam and the respect that you get when you have it on your shoulder. I took mine to Disney 2 weeks ago and everyone thought my wife was part of some reality show or something with all the looks we got. Even had a few castmembers tell me, "WOW - love your camera, XL2", they knew it by number!

Best of luck and you don't have to go to sleep with it at night and give it a pillow, oh but I did so go ahead!

Miguel

Mike Berlucchi November 30th, 2005 09:54 PM

Hey Eric if you were talking to this Mike i previously owned the Canon ZR65. I know it's a really big leap, but hey I had to do it sometime. By the way does anyone know if I used my old DV cam or bought a new cheap one as my editing deck if the quality would be reduced. I am not sure if the quality is only determined by what is recorded or what? Thanks ahead of time. By the way Mike, I don't believe I will have my camera in time to make anything but I will for sure try.

Gary Powell November 30th, 2005 11:16 PM

Once the data/footage is on the tape, the quality is set and can be played in other cameras or decks without the worry of quality loss. However people have had trouble playing tapes shoot in one camera played in another (due to dirty, damaged or slightly different aligement of the heads). I haven't had this problem when working with my XL2 and GL2, but had experienced it on an old abused GL1.