DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   trying to export to my camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/58553-trying-export-my-camera.html)

John Court January 17th, 2006 11:57 PM

trying to export to my camera

Hi All,
I am trying to export the vision from my AVID to my camera to creat a tape. I have the camera and the computer connected via firewire and I have AV TO DV SELECTED. When I play the timeline I can not see anything nor can I record anything.
please help???

Matthew Nayman January 18th, 2006 09:32 AM

Perhaps this question would be better placed in an editing forum? I am not familiar with avid so I can't elp there but make sure you have done the following.

Turn off Computer.
Turn off Camera
Plug in Firewire
Turn on Computer
Boot up Windows
Turn on Camera
Open Editing program.
Select your timeline.
Makesure DV is set to out (in editing program)
Make sure camera is set to VCR
Hit record on Camera (On VCR settings, not the VTR button)
Record several seconds of black.
Hit play on your DV timeline. Should play back on the camera too and record off of it.

HOpe this helps

Jonathan Jones January 18th, 2006 11:15 AM

Hi John,
The AV to DV setting is actually used for conversion of analogue to digital signal using the camera pass-through feature (such as connecting an analogue source like a VHS or older analague camcorder to the cams analogue input and converting it to digital ouput via firewire for your NLE to read)

If you have a tape in your system and the cam is set to playback mode then most NLE's should print to the tape with no problem.
-Jon

John Court January 20th, 2006 04:20 AM

Thank you for your help Jon, Not too sure what I did but it now works, I went through the digital cut tool in Avid and it set the deck to record I think?? but it now works..... thank you. John

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones
Hi John,
The AV to DV setting is actually used for conversion of analogue to digital signal using the camera pass-through feature (such as connecting an analogue source like a VHS or older analague camcorder to the cams analogue input and converting it to digital ouput via firewire for your NLE to read)

If you have a tape in your system and the cam is set to playback mode then most NLE's should print to the tape with no problem.
-Jon

John Court January 20th, 2006 04:23 AM

Thank you Matthew it now works. Set Avid to digital cut tool and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks again, John :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Nayman
Perhaps this question would be better placed in an editing forum? I am not familiar with avid so I can't elp there but make sure you have done the following.

Turn off Computer.
Turn off Camera
Plug in Firewire
Turn on Computer
Boot up Windows
Turn on Camera
Open Editing program.
Select your timeline.
Makesure DV is set to out (in editing program)
Make sure camera is set to VCR
Hit record on Camera (On VCR settings, not the VTR button)
Record several seconds of black.
Hit play on your DV timeline. Should play back on the camera too and record off of it.

HOpe this helps