DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Xl2 footage on website... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/66188-xl2-footage-website.html)

Chris Staab April 28th, 2006 04:21 PM

Xl2 footage on website...

Hello all. We've finally finished up my website (doublevisionproductions.com), and it has tons of new xl2 footage on it. I now have multiple videos on every page. If you have a moment please check them out and give feedback. I have always respected your collective input and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. My clients will notice before I do! Anyway, thanks in advance.

Aloha, Chris Staab

P.S. Still loving the xl2.

Peter Wiley April 28th, 2006 06:27 PM

The site is outstanding and the video looks great!

One quibble . . . your "about us" "background" section is really about "I" and you don't tell us who you are (unless that text is supposed to scroll and it's just not working). Can't find out who you are until I go to the contact section.

Why don't you do a video of yourself introducing yourself?

I used to live in Hilo. Great to see up to date images from the islands.

Chris Staab April 28th, 2006 07:19 PM

Point taken!

I definately need to rework the wording in that section. It's a few years old and could use a "we" instead of "I" face-lift! Thank you for your feedback.

Do you miss Hilo? It's one of my favorite spots in Hawaii. I try to make it over as often as I can. I love shooting in the lava fields.

Alooooooooooooha!

Dale Guthormsen April 28th, 2006 10:48 PM

nice site

Chris,

Very nice site. It nice to see the xl2 making such fine footage.

Those chopper pilots should clean their windsheilds!! I have crashed twice in choppers, probably had dirty windows!!

Bob Zimmerman April 28th, 2006 11:54 PM

nice website and very good work. So is all the video from the XL2?

Christian Schmitt April 29th, 2006 03:24 AM

Hey,
nice looking website!
I just would like the videos to be bigger and less compressed, but I guess bandwith would explode because of that...
Good work!

Ken Diewert April 29th, 2006 10:33 AM

Great Job Chris!

Chris Staab April 29th, 2006 01:05 PM

Thank you all!

Thank you all so much for looking at the site and giving me your opinions.

Mr. Zimmerman, yes it is all xl2 footage with a rare shot or two that was xl1. The majority (98%) is xl2.

Mr. Guthormsen... remind me never to climb into a helicopter with you!! I bet your crash stories are incredible. Did you roll tape while going down??

Again, thanks for all of your feedback. I am glad to hear it's functioning properly on all computer systems (at least I haven't had problems YET).

Peter Wiley April 29th, 2006 01:36 PM

Chris,

What I miss about Hilo, esp. in February, is looking out the kitchen window and down the mountain (we lived up from town) and seeing nothing but blue sky and blue Pacific. Also miss the wonderful Banyon trees. Don't miss the rain in the rainy season or cane spiders under the bed.

I remeber hiking out on the lava to see the petrogliphs out toward South Point -- was just in junior high at the time.

Edward T. Nista May 2nd, 2006 04:38 PM

and now you live in snowy pennsylvania /cry.

great site. I'll have to contact those guys who did it for you to get my own.

Chris Staab May 2nd, 2006 06:17 PM

Hyperspective Studios!!

Thank you for your comment on the site. The guy who built it for me (Todd at Hyperspective Studios) is the best I have ever seen.