DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Help on How to Post an IMAGE! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/67660-help-how-post-image.html)

Scott Di Lalla May 18th, 2006 01:16 PM

Help on How to Post an IMAGE!

I have a few frame grabs i want to post but not sure how to get it up on this. No button to browse for the images.

Luke Springer May 18th, 2006 06:40 PM

You can't use this forum to post images, you need to host them on a website and provide a link.

Thanks,
Luke

Scott Di Lalla May 18th, 2006 06:48 PM

thanks Luke. Yeah, I finally decided to do that anyway since I had a hunch that this site didn't allow it.

Chris Hurd May 21st, 2006 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sure this site allows it -- use the "manage attachments" button in the Additional Options section below the Submit Reply area when you're making a post. Attachment included here as an example.

Colin Jones May 23rd, 2006 03:03 PM

I don't see that option.
All I have in the additional options box is
Miscellaneous options:
Show Signature
Automatically parse links

and

Thread Subscriptions
Notification Type

Scott Di Lalla May 23rd, 2006 03:09 PM

Colin, at first I didn't see it but then realized I wasn't signed in. After I signed in all the options were there. I think if you leave this site idling it may sign you off automatically.

Colin Jones May 23rd, 2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Di Lalla
Colin, at first I didn't see it but then realized I wasn't signed in. After I signed in all the options were there. I think if you leave this site idling it may sign you off automatically.

Hi Scott,

I am signed in at the moment. I don't see anything.
I did just change my options to show images in the thread but still no way for me to add them myself.

Colin

Colin Jones May 23rd, 2006 03:20 PM

No attachments allowed

This is what I see at the bottom of the page

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Do I need to change a setting somewhere or do I need to reach a certain level at DVInfo to enable the attachments?

EDIT: This is the same in Firefox and IE on my PC.

Colin

Scott Di Lalla May 23rd, 2006 03:44 PM

hmmm, that's a tricky one Colin. Now that I am thinking back I do remember about a week ago under posting rules it said "You may not post attachments" and for some reason it now says that I can. Also, you and I joined around the same time (april 06) so I don't think it's a member thing.

Colin Jones May 23rd, 2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Di Lalla
hmmm, that's a tricky one Colin. Now that I am thinking back I do remember about a week ago under posting rules it said "You may not post attachments" and for some reason it now says that I can. Also, you and I joined around the same time (april 06) so I don't think it's a member thing.

It is probably because I am an Englishman who abandoned the old country and moved to the US. I need to be loyal to get attachment rights :)

Colin

Chris Hurd May 23rd, 2006 04:02 PM

No it's because you're not yet 30 days old as a forum member.

But I just bumped you up in status, so try again. ;-)

Scott Di Lalla May 23rd, 2006 04:06 PM

ahhh...mystery cracked!! And at first I thought it was because I'm a New Yorker who transplanted in Los Angeles. :)

Colin Jones May 23rd, 2006 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
No it's because you're not yet 30 days old as a forum member.

But I just bumped you up in status, so try again. ;-)

Thanks Chris,

I am so happy. I can now post attachments. See me celebrate :)

Colin

Bob Zimmerman May 28th, 2006 09:46 PM

This is probably news to everyone. That has to be the first two pictures I've seen posted here.

Chris Hurd May 28th, 2006 11:14 PM

There's been no formal announcement about it. We thought we'd try to just slip it into the stream and see who notices.