DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Shot with me new XL2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/67699-shot-me-new-xl2.html)

Greg Boston May 21st, 2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Coyne
Many thanks for the info. I guess at this point I'm just an artist looking for exposure. Ive snagged a couple of gigs and have had interest from a huge agency in LA from the youtube clips. When I really get a show going I'll be more careful where I expose myself. (insert joke here)

Cheers,
-Dave

Your impressions of Nicholson, Pesci, are deadly accurate. My other half said the Pesci mannerisms aren't quite as polished as Nicholson, but the voice is dead on.

Maybe you should pull the video off of YouTube because I see in the license terms posted above that the license terminates when you remove the content.

Keep us posted on your professional progress.

regards,

-gb-

Greg Boston May 21st, 2006 08:07 AM

Ohh Dave, I see you're holding out on us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFnzKDFD9To

Also good for some laughs. Shot with the XL2 as well?

-gb-

Tim Bickford May 21st, 2006 01:28 PM

Dave-

That's some good stuff. I enjoyed it very much!

Thanks

Eric Brown May 21st, 2006 04:42 PM

Dave, spot on and hilarious impersonations! Get some serious drive behind that talent and you'll do very well.

Dave Coyne May 21st, 2006 06:55 PM

Yes Greg, also shot on the XL2. I was annoyed by the hot spot in the back so I wasn't so proud of it. Thanks for all the feedback. I've been in the Biz of show for a while and it's a tough racket though I've been moderately successlful. I've sold some stuff to IFC a while back and hosted a Discovery seg for a couple years but I'm only now taking advantage of the internet.

Cheers,
-dave

Chris Bottrell May 31st, 2006 04:14 PM

That is the funniest thing i have seen in a while, you realy have a talent.

George Josol June 11th, 2006 11:05 AM

That was excellent! - You did it all? Awesome job!
George-

Bin Chen June 11th, 2006 12:31 PM

Hilarious!! The Walken was eerily spot on

Roger Rosales June 12th, 2006 02:41 PM

Everybody loves Walken, but noone gives him credit for Bush! That was hilarious.

"If you mean if I"ve entered a competition where the american people vote for the winner...No."

Great stuff man.

Adam Bray June 12th, 2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
this is what it says, plus a lot of other crap.

'For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the YouTube Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the YouTube Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the YouTube Website.'

I'm not a lawyer but it sounds like it can be used by other people

It's no different than sending your funny video to "America's Funniest Home Videos" show. It's just jib-jab so you can't clain they owe you royalties when they air it.