DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Pal version availability? And 25F? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/51475-pal-version-availability-25f.html)

Sergio Perez September 21st, 2005 01:43 AM

Pal version availability? And 25F?

I know the Ntsc version is coming in November. How about the Pal version? Maybe this is a worldwide release, due to the compatibility of both 50/60hz from the different models?

As for the 25F, how is this going to work in FCP, and will we need to have some kind of upgrade in order to work with this footage? The main factor that's keeping me from buying the JVC HD100 is the lack of support from my editing workstation- a 2.7ghz dual g5 with FCStudio system- for 720/25P. I heard the HD100 produces the best sd footage from all current prosumer cameras, including z1, due to its mpeg2 encoding and 60p. Is this true? How is Canon recording DV on the new xl?

Many questions, but this camera really is making me think twice. Once a firm follower of the HVX, the fact that this camera is arriving so late for Pal, and not being region free makes me think seriously on the canon option...

EDIT- and even tough I'm being charged an extra $500 for the universal functionality, At least it is a lot cheaper than the 15000 double HVX alternative ( The price includes p2 cards. Without them, $12000- butthat would be hd worthless.)

Mike Marriage September 22nd, 2005 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio Perez
I know the Ntsc version is coming in November. How about the Pal version? Maybe this is a worldwide release, due to the compatibility of both 50/60hz from the different models?

As for the 25F, how is this going to work in FCP, and will we need to have some kind of upgrade in order to work with this footage? The main factor that's keeping me from buying the JVC HD100 is the lack of support from my editing workstation- a 2.7ghz dual g5 with FCStudio system- for 720/25P. I heard the HD100 produces the best sd footage from all current prosumer cameras, including z1, due to its mpeg2 encoding and 60p. Is this true? How is Canon recording DV on the new xl?

Many questions, but this camera really is making me think twice. Once a firm follower of the HVX, the fact that this camera is arriving so late for Pal, and not being region free makes me think seriously on the canon option...

EDIT- and even tough I'm being charged an extra $500 for the universal functionality, At least it is a lot cheaper than the 15000 double HVX alternative ( The price includes p2 cards. Without them, $12000- butthat would be hd worthless.)

Maybe we should pay the $500 and import from the US??

After all, $9500 = £5250, and I would still be saving £1250 on Uk price - Tax.