DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Kaku Ito's XL H1 video clips -- here's the second batch (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/52110-kaku-itos-xl-h1-video-clips-heres-second-batch.html)

Bob Thompson October 2nd, 2005 11:06 PM

Kaku,

With the Decklink HD card could you see if it is possible to playout the HDV footage to SD via the SDI cable without any rendering necessary.

I was hoping to shoot HDV and use the Decklink card to downconvert via SDI to DigiBeta.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Kaku Ito October 2nd, 2005 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Thompson
Kaku,

With the Decklink HD card could you see if it is possible to playout the HDV footage to SD via the SDI cable without any rendering necessary.

I was hoping to shoot HDV and use the Decklink card to downconvert via SDI to DigiBeta.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Bob,

This could be slightly off the topic, why don't you make a new thread and we talk about it there. I will do the testing for you for sure because that is my main experiment and I have both Kona 2 and Decklink HD at my office.

P.S. .....or you can join me at my blog talking about it since mac related topic don't so hot here at DVinfo.net. I had posted many topic relating to what you asked for buy hardly got return.

http://www.xtream.ne.jp/content/blogcategory/48/62/

you have to register and confirm to leave comments.

Stephen van Vuuren October 2nd, 2005 11:33 PM

To repeat, the chromatic aberration clip again has a bad link.

Kaku Ito October 2nd, 2005 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dial Yoshioka
If I'm not mistaken then all these and the previous lot of sample videos are HDV and not captured from the XL H1's HD-SDI port. Is that right?

Sorry, just wanted to check.

Thanks.

Dial,

uncompressed HD footages through the HD-SDI are coming later. I don't have much time left but we recorded playing guitars and the same cast riding down the street and I shot video from our second floor window. So, just dial in later.

Dial Yoshioka October 3rd, 2005 07:24 AM

Thanks Chris and Kaku for your replies.

Kaku, I'm looking forward to it. dewa mata.

Kaku Ito October 3rd, 2005 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dial Yoshioka
Thanks Chris and Kaku for your replies.

Kaku, I'm looking forward to it. dewa mata.

Working on the rough edit right now.....hang on.....but it will take long time to upload....

Anhar Miah October 3rd, 2005 08:19 AM

I'm very happy to say that the night scenes put a smile on my face, that was very clean and noise free, the "nitefreeway" clips.

Just wanted to know what (if you remember) the settings was, did that have any gain?

Thanks Kaku for your hard work!!

Anhar

Steve House October 3rd, 2005 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
I was not sure if the clip has the aberration problem and that is the reason why I put ? mark in the title and Chris can remove that if he thinks htat is right. I should recaptue this before i return the cam.

Just FYI, in the Windows XP world just about anything is acceptable embedded in a filename EXCEPT * ? / or \

Chris Hurd October 3rd, 2005 08:48 AM

Just to be on the safe side, I have removed the "?" from the filename.

For John Jay and SVV, that clip should download and play just fine now.

Kaku Ito October 3rd, 2005 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anhar Miah
I'm very happy to say that the night scenes put a smile on my face, that was very clean and noise free, the "nitefreeway" clips.

Just wanted to know what (if you remember) the settings was, did that have any gain?

Thanks Kaku for your hard work!!

Anhar

For the nitefreeway clip, I was shooting with 24 frame mode and 1/24 shutter speed. I did some 1/48 but it was little too dark. Gain was set to 0, iris wide open.
Niteodaiba looses the focus on automatic in the middle, you can see how it looses focus in the dark situation.

One thing I noticed is that it was rather hard to find focus with the color CCD.

Kaku Ito October 3rd, 2005 09:06 AM

Chris,

I'm uploading a 1GB 1080/60i uncompressed file right now, you can cut it to make the download reasonable. It's a Kona 2 file. I think you can download the playback codec form AJA.

Kaku

Kaku Ito October 3rd, 2005 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve House
Just FYI, in the Windows XP world just about anything is acceptable embedded in a filename EXCEPT * ? / or \

Thank you Steve, I'm totally ignorant on Windows.

Stephen van Vuuren October 3rd, 2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd

Thanks! I had been wanting to see the clip especially since today I take delivery of a new Panny AE900U projector.

Kaku Ito October 3rd, 2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd

I hesitated to really conclude and name the clip as aberration but Chris, is it really the abberation around the sun? or some classical flares.

Steven White October 3rd, 2005 10:00 AM

Wow!!! That chroma clip is gorgeous.

As for the aberrations, the star shaped flare is a (rather pretty!) property of the lens itself. The rainbows you see around the flares are called "chroma fans" - also a lens property. The vertical lines you see associated with the flares are an artefact associated with how CCDs are sampled.

Chromatic aberration doesn't really occur in this clip until your completely zoomed out. (Aberration occurs primarily at the edge of the lens). Near the end of the video, look at the gaps between the leaves and the sky at the edges of the picture. Here you might see some slight green/magenta shifting at the edges of the leaves. This is the chromatic aberration, and it is really quite minimal. To escape chromatic aberration with this camera, always operate it at slight zooms.

-Steve