DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Win a free XL H1 at the Canon USA Six City Tour (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/67939-win-free-xl-h1-canon-usa-six-city-tour.html)

Chris Hurd May 22nd, 2006 01:36 PM

Win a free XL H1 at the Canon USA Six City Tour

Just rec'd from Canon USA:

"Join us for a multimedia presentation and technology playground featuring the amazing possibilities of the XL H1 HD camcorder. Experience the XL H1 for yourself at Canon's one day event."

"Canon has announced a six city tour to showcase the XL H1 HD camcorder. Come join Canon to get an exclusive hands on experience with the XL H1. Once you step inside you won't believe your eyes. All attendees will receive a coupon for a free FireStore FS-4 Pro 40 GB HD Portable DTE Recorder with the purchase of a XL H1. Also, one registered attendee in each city will win a Canon XL H1. All details on the FireStore FS-4 promotion and XL H1 prize available at each event."

Now check out the high-class swag that Canon USA is giving away at these gigs:

One lucky attendee in each city will go home with a free XL H1 camcorder (yes, you must attend to win)!

Everybody gets a coupon for 40GB FireStore FS-4 Pro. Those who choose to purchase an XL H1 from an authorized Canon USA dealer within 30 days of the event may redeem this coupon by mail and receive the FireStore FS-4 Pro for free (that's a $1,195.00 retail value).

Everybody gets a free HD sampler DVD which contains The Watchmaker 24F demo and more.

Here are the cities and dates:

In Miami on Thu. May 25th at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
In Chicago on Wed. May 31st at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
In Nashville on Fri. June 2nd at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
In Los Angeles on Tue. June 13th at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
In Denver on Fri. June 16th at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
In New York on Wed. June 21st at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm.

If you want to go, you need to register online for your desired city and time at http://www.exporeg.com/canon.

Directions to each location are provided when you register. This isn't a hotel meeting room presentation. These events are happening at real production studios. For example, the Los Angeles event is going on at Paramount. A couple of the time slots are already full, so register today if you feel like checking out the XL H1 in a hands-on, touch and try environment. You might just go home with an $8900 HD camcorder for free!

Meryem Ersoz May 22nd, 2006 02:47 PM

mama needs a new camcorder! feelin lucky today! i just hope the luck is falling the right way on june 16 in denver. either way, it will still be fun to see what's the buzz on this great camera....the free firestore sweetens things a mite.

Chris Hurd May 22nd, 2006 02:51 PM

Hey Meryem, I think I'm gonna come up to the Mile High City and hang out at this show... so if you're there, keep that evening open 'cause I'm taking you to dinner.

Darrell Essex May 22nd, 2006 03:04 PM

Chris, do you know if it possible to get the watchmaker dvd from canon?
i live to far away to attend.
Darrell
FIRST CINEMA PICTURES

Rob Lohman May 22nd, 2006 03:12 PM

No Amsterdam? :|

Paul Chiappini May 22nd, 2006 03:13 PM

I live too far away as well. Any chance of Canon sending a DVD to those that can't attend? Will it included HD files or is it only SD?

Meryem Ersoz May 22nd, 2006 03:19 PM

woo-hoo! and a night on the town with chris. i knew i was feelin lucky today. can it get any better?

must buy lottery ticket tonight...

Chris Hurd May 22nd, 2006 03:30 PM

You guys that want the sampler DVD but can't get to the tour... I'll try to do some arm-twisting at Canon to see what I can come up with. Maybe they'll let me have a batch to mail out to ya. It has both SD and HD versions of the 24F Watchmaker and 60i Italy demo material.

Erik Rangel May 23rd, 2006 12:22 AM

Hurd in the Mile High.
I signed up last week for the 1pm show. I guess if you were at the Canon booth at NAB they sent you an early registration email.
Meryem I hope you win the Camera too.
But if you don't happen to...then I hope it's ME:)
"Luck be a XLady with me." That's how the song goes right?

Chris Hurd May 23rd, 2006 06:19 AM

"Luck be a XLady tonight."

That's from Guys & Dolls. The wife and I have a soft spot for musicals. See you on the 16th Erik,

Meryem Ersoz May 23rd, 2006 07:34 AM

i guess 1 pm at the comcast media center is the place to be in the mile high on june 16th. i am signed up for that one as well and look forward to meeting you there, erik. should be fun times.

Mike Teutsch May 23rd, 2006 07:54 AM

Gotta Go!

Even though I went to NAB and got a good look at this camera, I can't pass up the oportunity to look again and maybe win one. Just signed up for Miami at 11:00. Maybe I'll see some of our members there.

Mike

Chris Hurd May 24th, 2006 05:41 PM

Okay, for you guys who can't make it to any of these dates but still want the HD sampler DVD... shoot me an email with your mailing address and I'll get the ball rolling for you. U.S. residents only please!

Guy Krenn May 28th, 2006 02:37 AM

June 13, 2006 -- Just over the hill in Hollywood. I'm there!

Thanks for this information.

William Potter May 30th, 2006 01:00 PM

Is this event worth going to for those of us who have already purchased an XLH1?

Do they teach anything new or any tricks or is it just a sales pitch?

Also, anybody seen the rebate voucher to see if it could still be used for the firestore if we already have the camera? I had to ask!

-Bill