DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Problem Excecuting Preset XL H1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/68834-problem-excecuting-preset-xl-h1.html)

Nerses Papoyan June 3rd, 2006 07:49 PM

Problem Excecuting Preset XL H1

I sucesfully download the preset to Folder PRESET on the Memory card, but I cant figure out how should I use it, when I go from CARD to Camcorder option and choose one of the presets that I have on the memory card, in the viewfinder I can see that it makes diference, but I cant keep it like that, once I close the menu, it goes back to the regular preset, do you guys know how can I apply that preset so I can shot using that preset, I did all that in Manual Mode.

THank you

Chris Hurd June 4th, 2006 09:06 AM

Hi Nerses,

Stay out of the camera menu completely. With your presets card insterted in the camera (make sure the card has a PRESET folder in its root directory and that all of your .CPF files are in that folder), the procedure is pretty simple and is described on page 86 of the XL H1 owner's manual.

Basically, all you do is press the custom preset select button (on top of the camera body but below the top handle, just above the audio controls panel). Press this button repeatedly. First it will go through all six presets in the H1's internal memory, then it will go to through the presets located on the memory card. You can tell when it goes to the card because you'll see a different CP icon in the viewfinder. Once you've got the preset you want, just press the custom preset on/off button (also located on top of the camera body but below the top handle, next to the custom preset select button). This will activate the preset, and you'll see its effects immediately in the viewfinder.

While the preset select button is on, you can cycle through all the presets using the preset select button and see immediately what each one is doing to the image. Turn them off again with the on/off button. The "CP off" icon will flash a few times and disappear.

Chris Hurd June 4th, 2006 09:14 AM

Here's a handy Custom Presets tip: you can assign the second Custom Key to function as a backwards custom preset scroller. In other words, the dedicated CP Select button will cycle through the presets in forward order. But what if you have twenty presets on your memory card, and you want to go from CP18 to CP14? You'd have to push the CP Select button about fifteen times to get to it. That's a lot of button pushing. If you go to Menu > System and assign the Custom Key 2 function to "CP BKWD KEY" then that second custom key will cycle through the presets in reverse order, making it a simple series of four button presses instead of fifteen to get from CP18 to CP14. This second custom key is located next to the CP on/off button, so it's fairly intuitive to learn the CP button layout... forward scrolling select, on/off, reverse scrolling select. Hope this helps,