DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Shoulder case, body glove for XL H1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/69221-shoulder-case-body-glove-xl-h1.html)

Barry Gregg June 9th, 2006 09:18 AM

Shoulder case, body glove for XL H1
Does anyone know of a body glove or shoulder case for the XL H1? A very tight fitting ENG style protector for the camera. I have a shoot in Iraq in two weeks and hope to keep the dust out of the camera as much as possible.

Tony Davies-Patrick June 10th, 2006 03:39 AM

There are no tight body-gloves for the XL2 or H1 that I know of, although there are plenty of rain covers made for it. Kata make some good ones to fit:




The Cam-Kote is also worth looking at:


Barry Gregg June 10th, 2006 08:04 AM

Thanks Tony. I have a Porta-Brace rain cover it's just too bulky and hard to work around in a very fast moving situation. I have been in contact with the Kata gang encouraging them, but to no avail as yet.

Tony Davies-Patrick June 11th, 2006 10:41 AM

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, Barry. Sometimes I just haven't got the time to fit a complete rain-cover, and find it awkward to work with. I'd much prefer a tight-fitting body glove for the camera that could stay on permanantly for outdoor work...Anybody out there willing to make one?

KyeongDeok Cho June 11th, 2006 04:40 PM

My father makes for mine.
My father makes for mine. It is not so good as manufactured one, but I like it. I designed it for shoulder carried my XL2 and H1. I can put my pod into the pod case, but I cannot put my XL H1 into any case. Finally I designed and made one.


Ken Diewert June 12th, 2006 06:23 PM


When you say Body Glove, do you mean like neoprene wet or dry suit type material. If so there is a wetsuit mfr not far from me that does custom work. I may be able to get them to measure up my H1 and have them whip you one up. The co. name is SeaTux. I haven't looked them up on the web, but they may be there.

Let me know if I can help.


Barry Gregg June 13th, 2006 09:20 AM

Portabrace and Kata produce protective tight fitting camera protectors out of a water resistant nylon for large ENG cameras. Portabrace calls them shoulder cases and Kata calls them body gloves. They are great camera protection, but don't get in the way like a rain cover. Most news crews have them on the cameras full time. In the rain they add the rain cover.
I want Kata or Portabrace to take the XL H1 as a serious camera and make one of thier covers for the Canon, or anyone else that can make a tight fitting protective cover would be fine.
I'm not sure the neopreme would be the right material. The tight fitting covers have velcroed flaps that open for the VCR to change tapes, a clear window for the LCD with a flap to give access for settings, ect.
Thanks, Barry

Ken Diewert June 13th, 2006 04:19 PM


I know the covers you're talking about. It was just when you called it Body Glove i was thinking about the wetsuit mfr.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2020 The Digital Video Information Network