DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/)
-   -   anyone using the sennheiser evolution 100 series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/1690-anyone-using-sennheiser-evolution-100-series.html)

Michel Brewer April 18th, 2002 10:29 PM

anyone using the sennheiser evolution 100 series

I bought this today based on a friend who has it seemed to work good and was looking for a backup to my lectrosonics, the big appeal was the cube (plus tried a friends a good range and clarity). I want to use a shotgun off boompole and as my "b" system. I liked it it $512 with shipping seemed okay....Im looking for opinions from those who have owned it for a while, good or bad.....

thanks

michel

Guest April 19th, 2002 10:39 AM

I've had my Evolution 100 for a while now and it has been excellent. I have the EW112p (camera mountable reciever) system and I had a ECM77b Lav modified to use with the transmitter. I'm going to purchase the plug-on transmitter to use with my Sennheiser ME66 as a wireless boom mic. I don't think there is a better wireless system for the money, my personal opinion.

Guy Pringle April 19th, 2002 11:58 PM

Hi donbarzoni,

I'm in the process of buying the EW112P from Chris at ZGC. It comes standard with the ME-2 lav. Did you ever use this mic and how was it. Later I'd like to buy the Sennheiser MKE-2 Gold mic, but at over $400 it'll have to wait a while.

Nathan Gifford April 21st, 2002 03:12 PM

Use it, love it.

The standard mic is a joy. Its works very well and is easy to mount on a camera. It also uses standard 9volt batts so that's easy to find.

What is ZGC selling them for??

Nathan Gifford

Guest April 23rd, 2002 07:09 AM

I use the Sennheiser 500 wireless plug-on to my boom mounted shotgun - I get superb sound and have never had a drop-out due to interference, distance, etc.

Guy Pringle April 24th, 2002 01:22 AM

Nathan,

ZGC's price is around $450, but Chris is always open to negotiation.

Bryan Beasleigh May 27th, 2002 05:23 PM

I'm convinced! I was given the oportunity to play around with the 112 pack (me2 omni lav). For a few bucks more I can get the butt plugg as well(plug in transmitter) Now if I can sell the wife's car?

Ed Smith May 28th, 2002 08:06 AM

Since the evolution 100 series are 3.5 minijack how are people attaching the reciever to the camera?

Are you using the MA200/100 with an XLR adapter?

Barry Uddstrom May 28th, 2002 07:11 PM

Evolution 100

I have the ew112p, with the ME2 microphone, I have found it excellent.
I feed it through the MA100 LH channel and have a K6 with ME66 and feed into the RH channel.
I would also like a wireless microphone for interviews. Has any one had experience with the SKM145 microphone?.
I did think of using a SKP100 transmitter on the ME66 but sometimes a opportunity to interview somebody may happen very quickly so did not want to mess around taking it of the camera.

Nathan Gifford June 10th, 2002 10:43 AM

I attach the receive to the handle

I mount the receiver above the tape door to the handle with 'gorilla velco.' Gorilla velco is a really heavy duty version.

The downside of this installation is if you grab the handle you can dislodge the receiver.

Nathan Gifford
Tickfaw, LA

Don Parrish June 13th, 2002 07:00 AM

I just recieved the 100 kit, plug-on, body transmit, body reciever, lav, I also have the xlr adapter CL100, problem is the reciever has no output, the tech service guys wouldn't answer the phone and somewone that I spoke to wanted the reciever back, secretary said that my visa would be charged full amount, not real happy with the 100 series.

Ford Minton June 13th, 2002 03:11 PM

where does one find "gorilla Velcro"?

Michel Brewer June 13th, 2002 11:59 PM

100kit

I just got mine, recveiver and lav are fine but the cube sucks, audio is so very low tossed ti to a friend to see if it was just me being a idiot and he had the same problem.....any thoughts. based on my experiencve wouldnt reccomend the system of couse it was $495 at bh, i wanted cube most paid little and appear to have got a dust puppet cube...

michel

Bryan Beasleigh June 14th, 2002 01:21 PM

I tried the cube on an AT835b and a sennheiser ME66 and both work fine. You do have to set the sensitivety to 0db with the AT.

Don Parrish June 14th, 2002 02:47 PM

The book is poor in describing any of the buttonology. In fact in the book I had it didn't even mention the settings. The book however did mention the plug-on for microphones needed a metal bodied microphone because that is the surface it used as an antenna, it said not to use plastic mics.