DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/)
-   -   7 days to go. Should I go for it? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl1s-xl1-watchdog/20308-7-days-go-should-i-go.html)

Allan Phan January 24th, 2004 01:26 PM

7 days to go. Should I go for it?
 
Hi every one.

The XL1S promotion is going to expire this month but I'm still undicided and kinda panic.

I know I would save $500 if I go for it

So, should I go for it or just wait.

Dylan Couper January 24th, 2004 02:01 PM

If I had any upcoming work, I'd go for it. If I didn't, I'd wait. You can always get a used one if you need to save some bucks.

Don Palomaki January 24th, 2004 06:20 PM

If the XL2 (or what ever) is released this spring, the street price of the XL1s will drop. It may drop already once the rebate ends, the rebate being a way to lower prices without repricing stocks on dealer shelves.

As Dylan says, buy when you need it, wait if you do not need it now. But if buying for a specific need, be sure to buy early enough to check out and learn to use the system. I've read too many posts from people who take a new cancorder to a project without checking it out/learnin it first, and ending with serious problems in their footage due mainly to operator errors.

Stephen Duke January 30th, 2004 01:48 PM

Allan,

Check the canon web site canondv.com and you'll see that the $500 rebate extends to March 31st.



Steve.

Allan Phan January 30th, 2004 03:43 PM

Thanks all.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:34 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2020 The Digital Video Information Network