DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Some weird color balance (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/112849-some-weird-color-balance.html)

Sergio Sanchez January 21st, 2008 04:45 PM

Some weird color balance

I have a very strange issue, i have Prospect2K installed on three workstation, and Neoplayer in rest of them. All the computers have Nvidia Quadro cards, same displays, and each display is balanced with the eyeone and the same color profile.

The issue is that raw files, are displaying different in just one system, everything else is ok, just Cineform RAW files when the look is applied. They are displayed with a lot of contrast and saturation. In every workstation they look the same except on the main editing system. When you deactivate the metadata everything looks correct again. This happens in all the apps you open the RAW files. Even in Premiere Pro with the overlay turned off.

Does anyone has any idea why this might be happening. Why only in one system?

How can I correct it.?

David Newman January 21st, 2008 08:14 PM

Are you missing the 3D LUT on that one system?

Sergio Sanchez January 21st, 2008 08:28 PM

No:

I have the LUT on all the systems. It is respecting the color temperature, but the saturation, and contrast is quite different.

David Newman January 21st, 2008 09:34 PM

Do you have "Force YUV" set on one and not the other systems? This sounds like a setup issue, not a bug. One system is running in a different mode.

Sergio Sanchez January 21st, 2008 09:58 PM

It happens on media player as well, AE and Premiere. When the .look is on it looks different.

But when I deactivate the metadata the video is exactly the same on all the computers. Even in the laptops they look correct. I tried rolling back to a previous version and the problem persist.

I dont think is a bug, i agree with you. But I dont know, maybe someone here see what im missing.

David Newman January 21st, 2008 10:02 PM

Do you graphics drivers match? It is your graphics card not handling YUV correctly.

David Newman January 21st, 2008 10:31 PM

Also try deleting (backup first) all your LUTs in program files/common files/CineForm/LUTs, then copy those from the working systems. Maybe you have a corrupted LUT.

Sergio Sanchez January 21st, 2008 10:55 PM

Yes, the drivers match. All of them have different Quadro Cards, but all look the same, except in this system.

Iīll try what you toldme about the looks. Lets see what happens.

Stephen Armour January 22nd, 2008 06:13 AM

Try switching the graphics cards. If the problem persists in the one system, you can know it's software or setup, not hardware.

Sergio Sanchez January 22nd, 2008 05:03 PM

Deleting and replacing the LUTīs worked. Thanks David.

David Newman January 22nd, 2008 05:13 PM

Do you have the old files, I might want to see what went wrong?