DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform crashes with After Effects CS3 8.0.1... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/112949-cineform-crashes-after-effects-cs3-8-0-1-a.html)

Joacim Boive January 23rd, 2008 01:32 AM

Cineform crashes with After Effects CS3 8.0.1...

I thought I had my problems beat when I installed NeoPlayer instead of Prospect 2k, but no...

Here's the steps to reproduce:

- Create a new AE project
- Import one cineform encoded clip into the project.
(In mycase a 1080i 60 clip captured from a Sony HC-3 with HDLink)
- Render

This is on a fresh installed machine with the latest drivers.

It always crashes around 380-400 frames, regardless of what you do. Even if I use all the tricks to troubleshoot AE it makes no difference.

Watching the performance monitor you see that memory consumption hovers around 1GB until after 200 frames where the memory consumption increases exponentially. At 380-400 frames the memory is used up and Cineform crashes...

This is despite the fact that I've limited the Memory allowed to AE to 10%, dosen't make a difference.

I can open and watch a Cineform encoded clip without any problem in Media Player.

Please don't tell me to file a support case, I've already done that 4 days ago and still haven't heard back...

I'm getting desperate...

Thanks!

/Jocke

Alan Mills January 23rd, 2008 08:23 AM

No error message? Just a crash? I only ask because I've been reading about all sorts of After Effects problems from people who have updated Quicktime to the new 7.4 version.

Joacim Boive January 23rd, 2008 09:28 AM

Don't have QuickTime installed even.

But now I've tracked it down to that this particular problem only(?) appears when I try to export directly to Divx. If I export to Cineform it seems to work.

But I haven't found a way to convert to Divx, is there a way?

Also, with Prospect 2k installed, instead of NEO, I can't even open the preferences dialog in AE without it crashing. Also after each export AE hangs and have to be terminated and restarted... Oh joy... =(

Thanks!

/Jocke

David Newman January 23rd, 2008 12:16 PM

It is only Tuesday morning, your ticket likely arrived Saturday. Monday's are busy trying to work through the ticket that arrived on the weekend. We have not had other reports of this, so you will need to work with support, you should get their attention today.

Joacim Boive January 25th, 2008 06:25 AM

Filed the case: 1/19/2008 10:27 AM PDT

Still haven't received ANY feedback: 1/25/2008 4:01 AM PDT

Is this normal behavior to expect from the support?

/J

David Newman January 25th, 2008 10:55 AM

No. Maybe your ticket wasn't received. Please try again, and as backup use support@cineform.com.

Jake Segraves January 25th, 2008 01:22 PM

I'm checking into this error now. Sorry the ticket got overlooked.