DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CineForm and Sony XDCAM EX (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/116143-cineform-sony-xdcam-ex.html)

Daniel Deck April 22nd, 2007 05:47 PM

CineForm and Sony XDCAM EX

Will Aspect HD and/or Prospect HD support the 35mbps MPEG with Premiere Pro? I'm planning on buying the XDCAM EX and the May Prospect HD upgrade as well as Premiere Pro CS3 when all available. Thanks.
Dan

David Newman April 22nd, 2007 10:36 PM

We have just worked out XDCAM in general, expect an official announced soon. So the answer is yes for Prospect HD, and maybe for Aspect HD (that hasn't been decided.)

Carlo Zanella April 22nd, 2007 10:42 PM

Message for David

Does the latest version of HDlink work with Windows Vista?

Carlo Zanella

David Newman April 22nd, 2007 10:48 PM

Vista is not supported yet. That is a finicky OS at the moment. Of course Vista support is gaining priority, but in the meantime, if you can, stick with XP.

Carlo Zanella April 22nd, 2007 11:06 PM

XDcam - HDlink

I work with Vegas 7. Will HD-link import xdcam-ex 35mbps? Will there be a choice to convert to intermediate AVI, or in this case it will just be fine to edit the format the way it is (in Vegas)?
Thank you.

David Newman April 22nd, 2007 11:24 PM

We always convert to CineForm AVI or (soon optionally) MOVs before editing.

Matthew Pugerude April 24th, 2007 10:37 PM

XDcam info

Hey David
What can you tell us about the XDcam support for Prospect HD? How will it work? I am assuming it will work with the FAM workflow. What about output? Can you at least give us more of a time frame then soon?

I am also intersted in the EX as a nice B camera to the XDcam 350.

David Newman April 24th, 2007 11:58 PM

We have XDCAM conversion tools working in-house, we are trying to get the XDCAM features in place for the May 1 release of Prospect HD v3.0. We will not be supporting XDCAM output, our exports are file based AVI, MOV, image sequences, or HDSDI.

Matthew Pugerude April 25th, 2007 01:10 AM

Thank you

I have been waiting for awhile now. Export is not really a concern due to the fact that any and every thing I do either goes to DVD or HDcam via HDSDI for those broadcast jobs (I can not wait to get a Prospect HD V3 system up and going) Now what about Blu-ray that is supported by encore. Will CFHD files play well with encore and Blu-ray burners?

By the way I edited my first Aspect HD project and it worked flawlessly. I can not wait to try Prospect HD.

David Newman April 25th, 2007 08:48 AM

The new Encore should handle CFHD AVIs fine.

Robert Young April 27th, 2007 04:52 PM

David
XD Cam EX is being released in Nov. I'm planning on getting one.
Do you think Aspect will be onboard for the XD 25 mbs codec at that time, or will it require an upgrade to Prospect??

David Newman April 27th, 2007 06:20 PM

XDCam EX should run with Aspect HD v5 when it is released. But with that camera you will probably want Prospect HD for it other benefits.

Matthew Pugerude May 2nd, 2007 02:28 PM

XDCam

Hey David, I was hoping that there would be a mention of XDCam support with prospect HD. What is the word will it come out in a later build? Or is it just not memtioned on the website yet?

David Newman May 2nd, 2007 03:00 PM

We do have a workaround today but we are working towards something a little cleaner in a few weeks.

Matthew Pugerude May 2nd, 2007 08:26 PM

thanks

Hey David thanks for the the update.