DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform okay with Vista? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/126828-cineform-okay-vista.html)

Deniz Ahmet July 28th, 2008 09:42 AM

Cineform okay with Vista?

What is recommended operating system for stability, WinXP Pro - WinXP64bit - Vista.

Never tried XP64bit but is that the best compromise to getting use of more ram for Premiere?

Thank you

David Newman July 28th, 2008 11:41 AM

XP64-bit works nicely, but I guess it future is now very limited. Vista is OK, but there are still things that pop up and need fixing.

Deniz Ahmet July 30th, 2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 913218)
XP64-bit works nicely, but I guess it future is now very limited. Vista is OK, but there are still things that pop up and need fixing.

1. David, Are Vista issues something you are working on, or up to Msoft to repair?
2. Do you guys use 32bit windows at all internally? Is Cineform actually designed to work well with HD in this environment, or is the memory restriction simply a bottleneck.
3. Can one install the Cineform Trials twice on a multi boot system ie XP and Vista - Or is it treated as one trial period?

thank you

David Newman July 30th, 2008 10:58 AM

1) When they pop-up we work on them. There is a Vista bug in HDLink sometimes connecting to Microsoft's camera drivers which we haven't found a workaround for yet.

2) We don't have any restriction, we don't use that much memory, the issue are with the memory demands of the NLE. We can be 32 or 64-bit, currently we don't have much call for 64-bit components while the NLEs are 32-bit or using 32-bit APIs.

3) You can install the trial with each OS install.

Deniz Ahmet July 30th, 2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 914226)
1) When they pop-up we work on them. There is a Vista bug in HDLink sometimes connecting to Microsoft's camera drivers which we haven't found a workaround for yet.

2) We don't have any restriction, we don't use that much memory, the issue are with the memory demands of the NLE. We can be 32 or 64-bit, currently we don't have much call for 64-bit components while the NLEs are 32-bit or using 32-bit APIs.

3) You can install the trial with each OS install.

David, I forgot to ask - 32bit Vista still has the same memory limit issues right - have you tested with 64bit Vista?

Sergio Sanchez July 30th, 2008 05:06 PM

64 bit vista has a lot of problems with premiere pro.
Is really unstable. XP x64 is a better option. Or you can try server 2003, is 32bit but you dont have the memory limitations, maybe is the most stable windows os available. The only disadvantage is that is not as plug and play as other win operatin systems, so you have to do a lot of stuff manually.

But its great, i´ve just tryied neo player with server and it runs smoothly.

Dave Campbell July 31st, 2008 01:21 PM

What issues are you having with 64 bit vista? I have been using for a few months now,
and have had no issues.

Dave