DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   64 bit Cineform 3.x (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/129776-64-bit-cineform-3-x.html)

Jay Bloomfield October 11th, 2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston (Post 949721)
Just checking to see if I was the only person having problems with Cineform and Vista 64. I see that I am not. Any word on what is being done to fix this?

What problems are you having? This thread was started for discussing whether there would be 64 bit versions of the Cineform codecs, now that Vegas Pro has a 64 bit version. I've used versions of Cineform on Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 without any problems, but that is probably a function of my hardware and software configuration. And when I say "hardware", that also includes any camcorder that I am using.

Bill Ravens October 11th, 2008 05:45 PM

Cineform needs a break. Sony has a history of outright misleading statements made to me during questions I submitted to Sony Customer Support. Sony would rather lie to customers than admit they aren't going to do anything about their problems. Cineform is caught in the middle, between customers and a disreputable vendor. I never thought I'd say that about my once loved Vegas, but, times have changed.

Laurence Kingston October 13th, 2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield (Post 949755)
What problems are you having? This thread was started for discussing whether there would be 64 bit versions of the Cineform codecs, now that Vegas Pro has a 64 bit version. I've used versions of Cineform on Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 without any problems, but that is probably a function of my hardware and software configuration. And when I say "hardware", that also includes any camcorder that I am using.

OK, to clarify:

Cineform works great with the latest 32 bit version of Vegas and Vista 64.

Where it doesn't work is when I try to use the new 64 bit version, Vegas 8.1.

If I drag a Cineform clip to a Vegas 8.1 timeline, all I get is the audio.

David Newman October 13th, 2008 08:59 AM

Vegas is not supporting the 32-bit interface to the Video for Windows (VfW) CineForm codec they used in the past. I believe this is something Sony can address. Going forward we want to bypass VfW for better Vegas-64 support.

Laurence Kingston October 14th, 2008 08:41 AM

Can you do that? If you bypass VWF, will that mean you would be able to use the tighter compression of directshow and some hardware acceleration of your codec with Vegas?

David Newman October 14th, 2008 08:49 AM

We here there is a new file I/O SDk for the upcoming version 9.0, it will not be for acceleration (although it should be faster) but primarily allowing for deep pixel formats in and out of CineForm (VfW is only 8-bit.)