DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform and CS3 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/143904-cineform-cs3.html)

Ffritz Arn February 16th, 2009 01:52 PM

Cineform and CS3

Hi

I use cineform Prospect 4K and AfterEffects CS3 on XP 32 Bit. When I capture a tape from the camera and convert it via HD Link I can play the files in Windows Media Player 10 or 11 without any problems. When I import thees files in AE CS3 and then render out a cineform avi I can't play them in Media Player. Does anybody has a hint on this?

Fritz

David Newman February 16th, 2009 02:17 PM

From AE only use the "CineForm AVI" output module within the render queue. If you use AE Video For Windows exporter, it is bugging for large files (just too old an AVI format basically.) If you were using the correct output module, file a trouble ticket with cineform.com/support and upload a short sample that has the issue.

Andy Urtusuastegui February 16th, 2009 06:44 PM

I am concerned. I thought with NeoScene 1.1 if I export from Premiere (either CS3 or CS3) we are using VfW.
Also, is VfW 8bit only? NeoScene captures with 10bit correct? So if I do color corrections,and other edits, then want to export the entire timeline as a Cineform AVI (for archieving as an example) what will be the final w
Is there the same problem as with AE?

Thanks.

David Newman February 16th, 2009 08:06 PM

If you want 10-bit out of AE you need at least NEO HD. Neo Scene was designed for the hobbiest / casual user, those needing 10-bit exports are you clearly are above this category. Yes the VfW interface is limited to 8-bit per channel (or 24/32-bit RGB.) Under NEO HD we include DirectShow encoder that support deeper pixel formats via a custom export module included in our higher-end PC tools.

Ffritz Arn February 16th, 2009 11:45 PM

Thanks for the answer David

I do the export from AE CS3 as you mentioned above with the "CineForm AVI" ouput module. I found out, that when the file is small (12MB) then I can play it in the MediaPlayer. When the file is bigger (> 120MB) it won't play in the media player. When I export from PremierePro there is no such problem. As well when I import the file previously exported from AE in Premiere and render it again it works as well. The AE and the PP exporter are not the same?

David Newman February 16th, 2009 11:51 PM

They are not the same.

Send samples to support, as that doesn't make sense.

Ffritz Arn February 17th, 2009 02:37 AM

OK. Then I will try to generate some files and send them to the cineform support.
Thanks for your help.

Robin Davies-Rollinson February 17th, 2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1013205)
If you want 10-bit out of AE you need at least NEO HD. Neo Scene was designed for the hobbiest / casual user

David, what about working with Neo Scene files within Premiere Pro CS3 - are they 10-bit? In other words, am I dealing with "better" files for colour correction etc than if I just did a native import of HDV?

Ffritz Arn February 18th, 2009 12:09 AM

David

I used the player you mentioned in another post (Media Player Classic) and the files from AE CS3 (Cineform) are all OK. They just don't play in MS Media Player. On another PC with NEO Player installed they work Media Player, so I think there is a configuration issue on the pc with Prospect installed. My problem is solved and I am very very happy with cineform.

Fritz