DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Prospect HD 4.0 (Windows) - ISSUES (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/234958-prospect-hd-4-0-windows-issues.html)

Simon Zimmer May 8th, 2009 04:23 PM

Prospect HD 4.0 (Windows) - ISSUES

On Tim's recommendation I am starting this thread to mention the issues that are coming up regarding Prospect HD 4.0 for Windows.

My setup is:
Vista 64
12GB
2 Xeon Quad Cores
Nvidia Quadro NVS 295
Prospect HD (latest beta release - ProspectHDv401b208-090504)

I am using AECS4 and PPCS4. I am not experiencing any issues with AECS4 and Cineform. Renders fine and works great.

PPCS4 is another story.

I get many ImporterProcessServer errors while working on the timeline.

I also get them when exporting via Adobe Media Encoder.

Any ideas?

Simon

Matt Vanecek May 8th, 2009 05:41 PM

Vista 64
12GB
i7 920
nVidia 9600GT/2GB

PHD 4.0.1 (build 208)

Same story on the PPCS4 as Simon. ImporterServerProcess occasionally crashes. Sometimes when I'm not even doing anything (i.e., walked away from computer leaving PPCS4 open on my project).

AME seems to get the ImporterServerProcess crash every time, when exporting to CFHD using either the direct CFHD export (added in build 208) or Microsoft AVI with CFHD coded. I'm currently exporting to DV, and have hopes of a successful export as it's been rendering for 6:20 so far on a 1:45 hh:mm video (although I didn't use unsharp masks, but did use some color matching between cameras...but 95% CFHD 32-bit effects). I'll know in about 4.5 hours the success/failure of the export, so maybe it'll be tomorrow before I actually see it...

Thanks,
Matt

Simon Zimmer May 8th, 2009 06:29 PM

Strange that AECS4 works so well and PPCS4 has SO MANY problems.

Sighhhhhhhhh!

Simon

Rick Casillas May 8th, 2009 07:03 PM

Simon,

I have the exact same problem.

AECS4 works just fine, while PPCS4 has ImporterServerProcess errors all over the place, timeline and the media encoder.

I use XP SP3

Rick

Simon Zimmer May 8th, 2009 07:27 PM

Sh**********t!

I spoke too soon. :((((

I am getting the render to fail in AECS4 by using Prospect HD.

I have a google earth video compressed as wmv in the timeline in AECS4.

When I try to render to cineform codec, the render always stops after two seconds. IT does not provide me with an error message.

In AECS3, I can render the same google earth video without any problems.

This is really getting frustrating.

I am starting to think I SHOULD HAVE stayed at CS3. I was warned and did not listen!

Damn!

Simon

Robert Young May 8th, 2009 08:59 PM

Yess... This is why I still have my XP/CS3/PHD3 system online.
Right now my new system (Vista64/12GB/Intel i7) seems to be nothing but beta software: PPro CS4, PHD 4, and maybe even Vista 64 as well.
It's gonna take a while!!
Tho, to be fair, I should say that PPro CS4 seems to be fast and stable when using the native formats (mp4, avchd, etc), but since that's not my workflow it doesn't really help.

Simon Zimmer May 8th, 2009 09:54 PM

Yeah, I still have faith that a solution is VERY close!

Cineform has a great workflow but what a shame that PPCS4 seems to be so buggy 8 months after its release.

Simon

Glenn Babcock May 9th, 2009 02:09 PM

I wonder if the ImportServerProcess problem is isolated to certain OS's, versions, etc.?

I've had this crash so frequently I reluctantly uninstalled Prospect. I can't edit and I can't render. It's really a show stopper. :-(

Cineform team, any updates on this? My credit card has cooled a bit.

Thanks,
Glenn

Simon Zimmer May 10th, 2009 07:12 AM

Same here!

I just reinstalled my OS because I thought there might be a conflict between PPCS3 and PPCS4 installed on the same machine. Probably not but I need to eliminate any potential issues.

Gotta get this to work PRONTO.

Simon

Simon Zimmer May 10th, 2009 10:12 AM

:(

After reinstalling everything and NOT installing PPCS3 and just using CS4 software, I still get the same ImporterServerProcess errors.

It does not matter if it is Adobe Media Encoder or PPCS4, it happens in both.

I have yet to get this error in AECS4. That still seems VERY stable.

Any ideas Cineform?

Simon

Matt Vanecek May 10th, 2009 01:41 PM

When exporting from CS4 using the 209 build, I have the following experiences. The clips have all been adjusted in First Light.
  • Using the CFHD Exporter, exporting takes about 5 times the length of the clip to fully export.
  • Using the CFHD Exporter, the audio is either missing, or all constant-level noise (a buzz).
  • Using the CFHD Exporter, I did get one RemoteImporterProcessServer crash, which caused Premiere Pro to crash also.
  • Using the Microsoft AVI, with Cineform codec, exporting takes about 1.75 times the length of the clip.
  • Using the Microsoft AVI, with Cineform codec, audio appears to export correctly.

It appears that the Cineform exporter is unusable for me in this build, but I can still export to Cineform codec using Microsoft AVI. I'm probably losing timecode or something when I do that.

Thanks,
Matt

Simon Zimmer May 10th, 2009 03:15 PM

I had my first successful export today. I tried the cineform avi export and it worked.

There was no crash. However, if I try to export in any other codec, adobe media encoder crashes.

Simon

Rick Casillas May 10th, 2009 08:44 PM

I will give build 209 a try.

Thanks,

Rick

Glenn Babcock May 11th, 2009 04:14 AM

I'm using 209, same issues. Tried the Cineform AVI in AME, it crashed. I couldn't even encode a 1:12 clip!

Simon Zimmer May 11th, 2009 06:46 AM

I only tried it once with cineform avi and it worked.

Maybe I just got lucky.

My new "temporary" work flow is creating everything in AECS4 with Prospect HD on my desktop and putting everything on my laptop which has PPCS3 with Prospect HD on it. This way I can export it.

Sighhh!

Not the greatest but it works for now until EVERYTHING gets fixed with Cineform and Adobe

Simon