DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CineForm 64-bit Support in Beta for Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/237567-cineform-64-bit-support-beta-vegas.html)

David Newman June 18th, 2009 10:27 AM

CineForm 64-bit Support in Beta for Vegas

We are now opening the 64-bit VfW codec for public testing. This requires a 64-bit OS and a 64-bit Vegas 9 install. It is also recommended that you update one Vegas component to help with smooth playback at sub-resolutions (see the Sony knowledgebase - CineForm codec playback issues in Vegas Pro 9.) The component is free for decoding and will be enabled for encoding in a few days (possibly today) with a beta release of Neo HD/4K (64-bit encoding is not currently planned for Neo Scene -- decoding will be included.)

Install steps:
0) Make sure you have Neo Scene or Neo HD/4K installed.
1) Download the 64-bit codec here : http://miscdata.com/cineform/InstallCFHD64.zip
2) unzip to a local folder (anywhere)
3) Double click on InstallCFHD64.bat
4) Start your 64-bit Vegas 9 and playback CineForm AVI at full speed and quality.

Feedback we need.
1) If any clip fails to decode or crashes, we need to see those samples.
2) Please report any anomalies.
3) Please report if it works well (well believe is it a tad faster.)

Thanks,
David Newman
CTO, CineForm

P.S. I removed the need to the extra DLL.

Gary Brun June 18th, 2009 11:31 AM

HI David.
I installed the Vegas suggestion and also added the .bat you suggested.
I receive this error.

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 9.0 (Build 562) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Fault Address: 0x0000000077143047
Fault Offset: 0x0000000000053047

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe
Process Version: 1.0.0.1
Process Description: Sony File Interface Surrogate (not visi
Process Image Date: 2009-04-16 (Thu Apr 16) 15:55:24

Machine details...
i7 920, DDR3 1600x 12gig
Vista Ultimate 64
P6T SE Board
Quadro NFS 450

David Newman June 18th, 2009 11:35 AM

When and how? More details please.

Bill Ravens June 18th, 2009 12:21 PM

Hi David...

I attempted to install the 64-bit trial to my installation of Windows7. The installation failed. I suspect that it won't install because my trial version of NeoHD has expired on the Windows7 installation. I have already used both allowable validations of NeoHD, one of which is on this same computer(I have a dual boot setup of WinXP(32 bit) and Windows7(64 bit). Any chance I can reuse the validation key already used on this computer's 32-bit OS?

David Newman June 18th, 2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ravens (Post 1160254)
Hi David...

I attempted to install the 64-bit trial to my installation of Windows7. The installation failed. I suspect that it won't install because my trial version of NeoHD has expired on the Windows7 installation. I have already used both allowable validations of NeoHD, one of which is on this same computer(I have a dual boot setup of WinXP(32 bit) and Windows7(64 bit). Any chance I can reuse the validation key already used on this computer's 32-bit OS?

This component is not licensed, so that is not the issue. Remember decoding is free. To run the .bat installer you may need to "Run as Administrator" -- I haven't tried Windows 7.

Gary Brun June 18th, 2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1160217)
When and how? More details please.

What do you mean "when & how"?
I followed the instructions on Sony site for their .dll and followed the instructions you wrote here. The time is also showed in the error report I posted.

Then when I start vegas I get the error I posted.

One thing that is noticible is that if you dont send the error report and leave it in the background you can still use vegas 9. As soon as you send the report it shuts the program down.

David Newman June 18th, 2009 12:50 PM

You haven't mentioned load clips, or project or anything, those are the when and how? If particular clips cuase a crash, we will need those clips. Or is Vegas crashing on it own without any footage?

I should have mention, please have at least Neo Scene or Neo HD installed. This component does require some DLLs we install with those packages.

Gary Brun June 18th, 2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1160278)
You haven't mentioned load clips, or project or anything, those are the when and how? If particular clips cuase a crash, we will need those clips. Or is Vegas crashing on it own without any footage?

I should have mention, please have at least Neo Scene or Neo HD installed. This component does require some DLLs we install with those packages.

Hi David.
I have prospect HD vs 4 installed.
The crash happens on start up for me... before I import footage.
If I dont "send" the error log... I can use cinefrom clips on the timeline without a problem.

David Newman June 18th, 2009 01:18 PM

Wow! That doesn't sound right. If we had crashed you wouldn't be successfully using our clips.

Manually delete c:\windows\system32\cfhd.dll
Start Vegas.

Does it crash or not?

David Newman June 18th, 2009 01:52 PM

Note. I just added Step 4) above, there was a missing DLL.

Gary Brun June 18th, 2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1160300)
Wow! That doesn't sound right. If we had crashed you wouldn't be successfully using our clips.

Manually delete c:\windows\system32\cfhd.dll
Start Vegas.

Does it crash or not?

No David it does not crash.

David Newman June 18th, 2009 02:54 PM

Gary, as I we have since found what you where missing a DLL, I'm not show hopw you could be playing anything, are you sure you running the 64-bit version of Vegas? On another forum I have reports of it working correctly (with the addition of the missing DLL.)

Gary Brun June 18th, 2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1160348)
Gary, as I we have since found what you where missing a DLL, I'm not show hopw you could be playing anything, are you sure you running the 64-bit version of Vegas? On another forum I have reports of it working correctly (with the addition of the missing DLL.)

Im sure David.
See error log above.

Gary Brun June 18th, 2009 03:14 PM

OK David.
Some more info.
The first aviplug.dll that Sony issued a fix for (think I downloaded and installed about a week ago) I downloaded again and found it to be a different size.
I have now replaced with the latest and added all your files and the xtra dll as suggested.

It now works fine for me in Best full 1920x1080x 32; 29,970
No skips or reverting to preview.

David Newman June 18th, 2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Brun (Post 1160355)
Im sure David.
See error log above.

Unfortunately the error log is not pointing to a CineForm component, so not much I do with the info. Did you add the missing DLL? There is likely some secondary issue that we are missing.

Please download the 64-bit version of Depends from Dependency Walker (depends.exe) Home Page

Run that free application. The from the File menu select Open and go to c:\windows\System32 and select CFHD.dll. It will tell you what DLLs might be missing or needed to use the new CFHD.dll on your PC.

David