DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   frame rate issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/297423-frame-rate-issue.html)

Milan Ratna Bajracharya August 19th, 2009 11:53 AM

frame rate issue

We are running Prospect 4k in our Vista ultimate, and editing in Premiere targeting to finalize film in speed grade. some clips in premiere has used speed upto 60%. preview is fine while we were working on speedgrade using the same EDL but while we were outputting the file into DPX from speedgrade the clips where speed has been used comes as black frame or color striped corrupted (no visual information). is it the known problem ?? do you know anything about it ??
The premiere timeline also was included 25FPS footages in CF preset 1920x1080 24p project. 25FPS footage was converted and replaced by rendering the portion of timeline into CFHD 4:4:4 RGB exported the timeline as EDL for finalizing color in SpeedGrade.
we had problem converting DPX.
some issues
1. DPX output the Black frame or color striped corrupted (no visual information) specially in the clips where speed change is processed.
2. and a single frame of color flash in clips where fame rate was converted (25FPS to 24 FPS)
after couple of re- rendering and DPX conversion of problematic clips a full sequences of DPX was converted with no visual problem, we have re imported the converted DPX into speed grade and cross checked with the raw and Cineform avi files that was in time line of SpeedGrade and found no problem. (we aslo did have corss check in After Effect
then with full confident we have compiled the Converted DPX into Cineform AVI using the DPX2CF with setting q=4 g-1 f=24 n=###### c=rgb
The compiled movie was excellent and played well in fullmotion. The CF avi was converted into QTMOV using HDlink, the converted CF QTMOV was as fine as CF AVI.
Finally all the movie reels were compiled following the similar process and sent to for Final encoding and encryption for Digital Cinema distribution.
Here Now i am informed by their Technician that while they were importing the CFQT files as well as DPX files has problem displaying correct frames (black frames and Flickered frame etc.) and they were suggesting me that this is the problem of frame rate conversion. and i am wondering after all those process while copy of the same movie file that i have here plays well and doesnot work properly in their system (smoke) coul it be the frames that are stored in memory that the CFavi plays well in our system and not theirs but we have tried playing it in another system of ours and again it shows no problem.
i am trying again to convert the DPX from SpeedGrade and compile it in QT uncompressed in After Effects.
Do you have any suggestion to solve issue or else plerase re direct me.
thanks