DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Red lines with Cineform files and AJA XENA LHi (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/465192-red-lines-cineform-files-aja-xena-lhi.html)

Mikael Bergstrom October 6th, 2009 03:06 PM

Red lines with Cineform files and AJA XENA LHi

Hello

I have the CineForm “Prospect HD” and it’s suppose to work with AJA and it sort of does. I select a new AJA sequence AJA HD 1280 x 720 aspect ratio to Square Pixels (1.0) and bring in the clips on the timeline (1280 x 720 25p AVI) and I get the red line above the clips?

Isn’t it suppose to work right away without these redline, I can’t even render these files or put some effects on it and then try to render again without success?

I can play these files from timeline thought, but with big sound delay (I use the AJA ASIO)?

These Cineform files works fine in a CineForm project thought:-)

AJA XENA LHi with 4.1.3 software
CineForm Prospect HD v4.10
Processor: Intel i7 920
Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 with the latest BIOS 06.04
RAM: Corsair 12GB at speed 1600 (tested with Memtest 86+ in 8 passes)
Raid Card: Adaptec 3085 with 8 x 320Gb in a raid 5
System (C:): SSD Intel X25-M G2 80GB
Graphic Card: AMD/ATI 5870
Operating System: Windows Vista64 Ultimate with all the latest updates (SP2) (this is a clean installation).
NLE: Adobe CS4 with all the latest updates

Best Regards
Mikael Bergstrom
Sweden

Tim Bucklin October 6th, 2009 05:01 PM

Mikael,

Real-time support with CineForm files and AJA cards is currently only available with CineForm projects in CS3.

Once our real-time engine is done in CS4, it will work with those too.

CineForm files are not real-time in the AJA editing modes. It's odd, though, that the AJA editing mode wouldn't at least mark them as yellow instead of red.

LHi output currently works in First Light and capture works within HDLink.

Mikael Bergstrom October 6th, 2009 05:52 PM

Thanks Tim

Just a problem with the CS3, the AJA XENA LHi asio (sound driver) party is not working and the manual says that I need to use their to have perfect sync (area 51).

They do not even support CS3, so how am I going to do now?

And one more thing, the AJA XENA LHi does not work with HDLink, its not showing up as a choice in the drop list in the HDLink (like Decklink use to)?

This is with Cineform Prospect HD 4:10 and AJA 4.1.3.

Regards
Mikael

Tim Bucklin October 7th, 2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael Bergstrom (Post 1428783)
Thanks Tim

Just a problem with the CS3, the AJA XENA LHi asio (sound driver) party is not working and the manual says that I need to use their to have perfect sync (area 51).

They do not even support CS3, so how am I going to do now?

And one more thing, the AJA XENA LHi does not work with HDLink, its not showing up as a choice in the drop list in the HDLink (like Decklink use to)?

This is with Cineform Prospect HD 4:10 and AJA 4.1.3.

Regards
Mikael

Hi Mikael,

You need to select CineForm ASIO for your audio output in CS3 to maintain sync with the AJA card's video output. It doesn't matter what AJA says it supports in this case because you're using CineForm components to control the AJA card.

If you want to use AJA's native projects, CS4 is fine but you won't get CineForm files in real-time. There's some confusion about driver compatibility with the latest AJA and CineForm products. We ship the 7.0.0.46 version of their OEM driver. I'm not sure what's installed with AJA 4.1.3, but traditionally we have suggested that customers dual-boot their machines if they wish to use both CineForm and AJA native projects (and the Machina software).

You need to register "AJACaptureFilter.ax" if the LHi is not showing up in HDLink.

Please file a trouble ticket with support if you would like more comprehensive help, but the above should get you up and running.