DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Revised ETA for CS4 RTE? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/467376-revised-eta-cs4-rte.html)

Craig Irving November 17th, 2009 11:55 AM

This isn't specifically a question about RTE, but it's been almost a month since the last beta. Any updated roadmaps for upcoming releases? The roadmap posted before was very helpful, even if it turned out to be innacurate.

David Newman November 17th, 2009 02:24 PM

This thread has put me off releasing more versions until we have next release of the RTE, and we been setting on some updates for while now. We normally release features as soon as we have them -- I would like to get back to that. Waiting for the base RTE doesn't make it finish any faster -- still a tough implementation. Plus RTE is primarily a convenience feature, more speed right? I personally think other workflows features and bugs fixes are more important : project management/trimming, faster high quality renders, etc, but we are focusing on the RTE as that is where the current noise is.

Jerry Porter November 17th, 2009 02:41 PM

David please go to page three and read my post. Then, please keep the releases coming.
Thanks for a great product.

David Newman November 17th, 2009 03:02 PM

Thanks Jerry, I know not everyones on the same page. We will continue to do updates and work on this pipeline integration to CS4.

Marty Baggen November 17th, 2009 03:12 PM

Thanks for the update David. Unless I missed something along the way, that is the first indication that the trimming issue was being addressed. It's reassuring to hear that bit of news.

David Newman November 17th, 2009 04:00 PM

It priority was lowered temporarily to work on the RTE, yet in is one of the first tasks for new engineer who was added to help fix Adobe product issues.

David Dwyer November 18th, 2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1448652)
This thread has put me off releasing more versions until we have next release of the RTE, and we been setting on some updates for while now. We normally release features as soon as we have them -- I would like to get back to that. Waiting for the base RTE doesn't make it finish any faster -- still a tough implementation. Plus RTE is primarily a convenience feature, more speed right? I personally think other workflows features and bugs fixes are more important : project management/trimming, faster high quality renders, etc, but we are focusing on the RTE as that is where the current noise is.

Yeah please keep them coming David.

Brian Parker November 20th, 2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1448652)
Plus RTE is primarily a convenience feature, more speed right? I personally think other workflows features and bugs fixes are more important :

Implementing the importer for the mac neohd would be a major thing for mac users. Would allow us to use cineform, which we cant at the moment. It's been said that transferring the codebase between platforms isnt a major task for you, yet it's been months.

Frank Pitsikalis November 25th, 2009 08:34 PM

Another Adobe PPro CS4 + Cineform NeoHD Mac user (I use that generously) who has shelved the product since purchasing as it performs nothing of value at this point. Big fan of Cineform on the PC in the early days of HD but not sure if market realities forcing them to become more niche focused.

Steven A. Sandt December 12th, 2009 11:35 AM

Any Word?

It's very close to the middle of December. Is there any word yet as to when the RTE will be available? I can only speak for myself, but in my case, the lack of the RTE for Prospect 4K is something which is causing REAL problems EVERY SINGLE DAY! If there is any news at all I would like to hear it-even if it is only that the release has been bumped again. Ignorance is not bliss.

David Newman December 12th, 2009 11:45 AM

There is an engineer on it full time at the moment, and we are keeping other projects out of his way to get it done. I'm hoping a few weeks not months.

Steven A. Sandt December 12th, 2009 11:49 AM

Thanks David.

Ryan Gard December 13th, 2009 12:59 AM

Glad to hear this right now! I just migrated to Win7 + CS4 and I am loving my new environment except for no RTE. Not that I can't edit, I just can't be as efficient as I could be with RTE. I know it must be really frustrating to see the same comments over and over again about the RTE, but just think of it as really motivated customers that love your product that much!

However, I will say that Firstlight is amazing! I haven't seen a 1.0 product packed with that many features in a long time and I really appreciate what it brings to my work flow. Sure it has bugs, but as a SQA guy I can say that you pulled off an amazing product and I can't wait to be blown away by 1.5! Keep up the good work.

David Newman December 13th, 2009 03:49 AM

Thank for you kind words on First Light. CineForm has traditionally focused on features you can't see, compression without artifacts, acceleration without a hardware card, everything below the hood. Someone watching a editor using CS3 + Prospect HD would have no idea that is not Adobe doing the playback. That changed with First Light, CineForm coming out from the shadows, and we are very proud of it.

Ray Parkes December 16th, 2009 01:15 AM

Well its now mid December and is the RTE ready yet?
I may be boring to keep on about it but I for one find it hard to work around it. I am not at all interested in the reasons why and am totally disinterested in 2D simulated 3D. I don't need to use colour correction to make my footage look interesting. All I want is what I used to have which was a superb piece of HD editing software.