DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Problem with 3D Muxer within FirstLight (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/470724-problem-3d-muxer-within-firstlight.html)

David H. Wilson January 9th, 2010 07:58 PM

Problem with 3D Muxer within FirstLight

In R2CF I create a right and left eye streams import both into FL select and mark them as
Right and Left eye. Selecting both, I open 3D Muxer and add the files to the render queue - sync Frame is 0 for both in that they both came from the same R3D file.

when I start the Queue, I receive an error message which reads: Sync frames must have an even offset for I-P type files.

I've been having this trouble for some time but have worked around it by muxing the files in the command line tool instead.

Many thanks, I'm at a loss.

David Newman January 9th, 2010 08:07 PM

For 3D source try now to use I-P YUV sequences, we will phase them out one day. That is the warning message, yet it is clearly showing inappropriately. Are you running 4.2 (beta) or the older release? There was a 3D Muxing patch, may have been for this error.

David H. Wilson January 9th, 2010 08:19 PM

The FL I am running is from the recent 4.2 release. I'll keep hammering at it and report back.

David H. Wilson January 9th, 2010 08:32 PM

Up until now I have been using the command line tool:

StereoMux SeqLeftRAW.avi SeqRightRAW.avi SeqLR_RAW.avi

to mux files - but since installing 4.2 it seems to be broken (at least it does not produce a muxed file of the two source files anymore).

Due to not being able to mux in the command line application I moved to trying the FL muxing tool where I am getting the error message.

I'd be very happy to just have the command line tool working again - it was working perfectly until recently.

David Newman January 9th, 2010 09:56 PM

Still works fine here, both within First Light and from the shell. Although the shell no longer gives progress feedback, as it is computing as a background process. Also I've noticed I get a Win7 premissions warning -- which it should not do, maybe you haven't given it enough permissions. Try running the shell as administrator.

David Newman January 9th, 2010 10:05 PM

Ohhh! Seems to only happen with Red sources, need to look further. Install the old version, copy the stereomux.exe from cineform/tools, and then install 4.2 again. Use the old shell based stereomux until we have a solution.

David H. Wilson January 9th, 2010 10:34 PM

OK, I'll do just that - many thanks.

David H. Wilson January 10th, 2010 12:43 AM

I rolled back to 4.1.3b227 (which is when I was sure that it worked) took the stereomux.exe from that set up, reinstalled 4.20b420 but the shell based stereomux still did not work. I then uninstalled 4.2 again and reinstalled 4.1.3 and the shell based stereomux does work. I haven't tried the interim builds (414, 415).

I'll just stay at this build (413) for the moment until things get sorted out.

David H. Wilson January 10th, 2010 12:59 AM

As a possibly useful side note - right and left stereo pairs made within b413 will mux together in b413. I'm pretty sure, however, that if I make stereo pairs with b420, they will not mux in b420 nor will they mux within b413. (all of this is shell based not within FL). It seems I have to both created the SeqLeftRAW.avi and the SeqRightRAW.avi within the earlier build and mux within the earlier build as well.

Matt Wildes February 10th, 2011 08:56 AM

I am getting this error too but with AG3DA1 footage. 2D files are acting as they are 3D files. I have tried rebooting and retranscoding within HD Relink and to no avail. It seemed to be an on and off occurrence but today I can't get it to work, even on reboot.

John Reeve February 10th, 2011 06:07 PM

hey Matt,

when you say 2D files are acting as 3D files... do you mean you are getting a split screen or something on 2D content? I have seen 2D cineform users forget to change the "Stereo Mode Status" to 2D and end up with a 3D looking side by side version of their 2D content... just a thought

John