DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Migrating CF mov's from PC to Mac and keeping Firstlight CC treatment (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/470943-migrating-cf-movs-pc-mac-keeping-firstlight-cc-treatment.html)

Pedro Rey January 13th, 2010 01:30 PM

Migrating CF mov's from PC to Mac and keeping Firstlight CC treatment

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to migrate cineform mov's from a PC to mac and still keep the color correction done in Firstlight (PC).

Problem is I need to export the cineform mov's to ProRes so that they can be edited somewhere else. AFAIK there is no way to render to ProRes on a PC, so I wonder if I can send them the CF mov's, but keep the CC done on my PC.

I know one can move the firstlight database from one computer to another, given of course that both have FL... but what if the other computer only has the cineform decoder installed ?

Also, I tried moving the database from a PC to a Mac that had a tril of NEO3d, but could not import the database into FL on the Mac.

I have resorted to a render, so that the CC is "baked in". Just wondered if there is a real-time (aka no render) workflow available.

TIA,

Pedro Rey
www.FFRACTALL.COM - Noticias/News

Pedro Rey January 17th, 2010 06:34 PM

So nobody knows ?

So no response... not even the Davids know how to do this ?

Please help me out here....

Pedro

David Newman January 17th, 2010 06:50 PM

PC stores its First Light databases in a path indicated by this registry location

\\HKCU\\Software\\CineForm\ColorProcessing\\LUTPath

Often (Vista, Win7) "C:\Users\Public\CineForm\LUTs" or
for XP "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\CineForm\LUTs"

Then in the folder of your database name, like "db". Copy "db" into

/Library/Application Support/CineForm/LUTs

on the Mac. That is all that is needed. If you require 3D LUTs you can move the directory above. Pretty easy, no need to bake in color.

David Newman January 17th, 2010 07:08 PM

Just posted this info on the techblog
Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive Moving First Light color databases between PC and Mac

Pedro Rey January 17th, 2010 08:25 PM

Thanks!

Excelent, thanks, will try it tomorrow and post results!

Pedro

Pedro Rey January 18th, 2010 08:15 PM

Works like a charm!

Works like a charm!
'nough said...

Thanks,

Pedro

Pedro Rey March 12th, 2010 03:02 PM

Suddenly no luck exporting LUT dbase

Hi, all of a sudden, all the changes I do on FL within a PC will not replicate on a Mac, even though I migrate the dbase... and the LUT's...?
Any clues as to why ?

Pedro

David Newman March 12th, 2010 04:53 PM

Talk to support on this one, as "All of sudden" could mean anything. Tell support what you have changed, they will get to bottom of it.

Pedro Rey March 12th, 2010 05:36 PM

Submit a ticket

Ok, gotcha, already submitted ticket #611-8307396.
1-Using FLight to do primary CC on a CFraw avi file in a PC.
2-Export a look and also dbase from FL on the PC.
3-Import dbase into /Library/Application Support/CineForm/LUTs on a Mac.
4-Double click on the "new" *.look file on OS will open a FL program, but NO license for OS.
6-The cfraw avi file still had the "old" look, not reflecting the changes from FirstLight on the PC.

Pedro