DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Firstlight = Awesome (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/475386-firstlight-awesome.html)

Marc de Jesus March 22nd, 2010 11:45 PM

Firstlight = Awesome

Since all of my posts on this board were pretty much problem/issue-based.. just thought i'd do a 180 and go the "showcase" route and say after about a day messin with Firstlight.. i may hardly ever touch magic bullet again.. the program kicks ass... makes my 5d footage look awesome.

btw, saying that 180 analogy reminded me of how the first time i attempted to use that analogy is used 360 instead

Keith Paisley March 24th, 2010 05:32 PM

good deal. This is a question for cineform but i'm sure they'll see this, so is there an upgrade path for Neo Scene customers?

David Newman March 24th, 2010 05:56 PM

All NeoScene users get a full $129 credit toward Neo HD, which includes FirstLight.

Brant Gajda March 25th, 2010 05:53 AM

I agree with Marc. Had I realized how great FirstLight was, I wouldn't have wasted money on Magic Bullet. I give major credit to Cineform also for the great discount incentive for existing NeoScene customers. It certainly made my decision much easier.

Paul Cook March 25th, 2010 09:09 PM

I haven't really played that much with first light - but id really be interested in knowing what you do when you need to key frame exposure when you have a continuous shot that requires it? Also what do you do when you need to lighten up a specific region (someones face) and track the movement of it over the clip?

As I understand it the power of FL is all in the real-time but the trade off is that you are hamstrung when you need to do anything complex.

David Newman March 25th, 2010 10:21 PM

Paul, hardly hamstrung, you can still use everything else with FirstLight. Do you base corrections in FirstLight for speed and power windows in your NLE for the elements that need extra work. Keyframing will be in V5.0.

Chris Barcellos March 26th, 2010 10:06 PM

There I was perfectly satisfied with ignoring First Light

So I was perfectly happy with NeoScene, until I read this thread. So I downloaded the NeoHD trial..... dang it.... now I will be dissatisfied again.......

David Newman March 27th, 2010 09:32 AM

All NeoScene users do get a $129 credit towards their NeoHD upgrade -- a little more incentive.

Marc de Jesus April 9th, 2010 02:43 AM

if anyone's bored, this is the project i used firstlight (for the first time) on, that caused me to write this thread. as u will see i went sorta nuts with the presets, lol. but, in all honesty, i will vouch for the 5dm2/premierecs4/prospecthd/firstlight/encorecs4-bluray combo.. as i was able to post this under a very very tight deadline, with no major or minor problems... not even audio sync issues!

(btw, u have to go straight to the link, i turned off the embed on purpose)

David Newman April 9th, 2010 09:32 AM

Hey that is petty slick, nice work.

Brant Gajda April 9th, 2010 12:36 PM

Amazing work Marc!!

Marc de Jesus April 9th, 2010 04:11 PM

thanks guys! appreciate it.

Jay Friesen April 9th, 2010 08:52 PM

First Light is better than sex. David, make a t-shirt.

Alex Raskin April 14th, 2010 05:44 PM

Hey Marc... Michael Bay would be proud! ;)

Seriously though, very nicely done, congrats!

Nimesh Shrestha April 14th, 2010 06:42 PM

Having problem with Cineform First Light.

First Light is a great piece color correction tool, but i'm having problem exporting cineformHD files out of premiere with the firs light corrected footage.When i playback the footage in timeline, its fine looks fantastic with the corrections, but when I export it, the correction doesn't show up, the file is exported without the corrections.And when I pause in the premiere timeline nothing shows up, it only shows up when I press the space bar to play the timeline.Can anybody tell me what is wrong with the firstlight?

2 quadcore Intel Xeon 2ghz
8GB RAM
Nvidia 8800GT 512MB
Cineform Prospect HD 4.3
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3
AJA Xena HS

Nimesh Shrestha