DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   cineform avi files and virtual dub deshaker (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/481095-cineform-avi-files-virtual-dub-deshaker.html)

William Boehm June 29th, 2010 08:28 AM

cineform avi files and virtual dub deshaker

i have neoscene 5 and have converted my hdv and other files into cineform avi. i wanted to stablize kayak shot footage of whales and sea otters, but Virtual dub doesnt recognize the cfhd files..well out of 45 clips, only 3 are recognized. can someone please help. i am fairly new at this. bill

David Newman June 29th, 2010 08:53 AM

Weird, VirtualDub is my default tool for about everything -- never heard of this. Please file a trouble ticket with support. Support Center

William Boehm June 30th, 2010 09:35 AM

i sent in a ticket to cineform, and will inform others what i get as an answer. bill

Christian Majeres July 2nd, 2010 05:33 AM

Deshaker is one of my fav vdub "filters", and i've been using it on hundreds of scenes with neoscene4 cineform files (1080p). I can give it a try with neo5 if that helps.

William Boehm July 2nd, 2010 09:33 AM

yes i would really appreciate it. again i havent heard back from cineform tech support. all the files i transfered in windows media avi files (sd) work in virfutal dub. but all the hd files transfered to cineform codec do not appear when i open up file in virtual dub...both for hdv trasnfers to cfhd avi files and avchd transfered with neoscene 4 into cfhd avi. i dont get it. bill

William Boehm July 2nd, 2010 10:23 AM

with a cineform avi file..here is the reading error when i open up the file.."COULDNT LOCATE DECOMPRESSOR FOR FORMAT 'CFHD' (UNKNOWN) . VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatable decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable." I am using deinerlaced 60 i when i shot with both the canon xha1 hdv, and the more recent avchd canon sfh100 converted to avi. Please help...bill

David Newman July 2nd, 2010 11:04 AM

Reinstall. You are not seeing the VFW codec.

William Boehm July 2nd, 2010 03:03 PM

david...i am a newby..a biologist not a computer guy..but why reinstall ..? what is vfw?

wil do it.by reinstall..do you mean virtual dub or cineform. i am using 64 bit cineform neoscene cs5, and using 32 bit virtual dub for deshaker

David Newman July 2nd, 2010 03:15 PM

We install 32-bit and 64-bit VFW (Video for Windows) codecs with all our products. Re-install NeoScene as is should work. If not, please file a trouble ticket with support. Support Center

William Boehm July 2nd, 2010 04:07 PM

so david..i installed neoscene 5.03 upgrade in 64 bit then should i try installing instead 32 bit, or again try 64 bit...bill

David Newman July 2nd, 2010 04:11 PM

No idea what you versions of products you talking about. NeoScene is both 32/64-bit in a single download -- just as all our tools are.

William Boehm July 2nd, 2010 04:56 PM

david...and cineform..it worked...removed the old and installed 5.04..yeah...

Christian Majeres July 2nd, 2010 05:06 PM

great, glad to hear it. just wanted to start some tests :)