DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Won Canon/Vimeo contest using Cineform products (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/482956-won-canon-vimeo-contest-using-cineform-products.html)

Marc de Jesus August 5th, 2010 11:26 PM

Won Canon/Vimeo contest using Cineform products

Hey guys,

First, this thread is not fishing for a congrats...trust me...lol...

but, since this is a Cineform SHOWCASE forum, where it is predominantly dominated by software issues/problems..

just thought i'd share that I won the chapter 6 section of the "beyond the still" contest, using Premiere cs4/Prospect HD and also Firstlight for all the color correction.

I'm just proud of the Cineform products as I know most of my competition was using Final Cut and probably all of them were using Magic Bullet...

In addition, under the really tight production deadline, the software really didn't give me any problems... and Firstlight was quite awesome in helping me to establish two separate identities... as I used some of the presets to start as a base and id modified from there.. im wondering if there are new presets that we can purchase??

Anyway, for anyone thinking about these products, just know that i've used them pretty successfully under pretty demanding circumstances.

Bruce Gruber August 6th, 2010 03:24 AM

Congrats.. Marc. Like I said in a past post.. I was very impressed and I thought you had a shot!! Again congrats! you should post your link so people can see what you did!!

Marc de Jesus August 6th, 2010 04:45 AM

Thanks Bruce.. and good idea.. i totally forgot about that.. here's the link The Story Beyond The Still on Vimeo

Jerry Porter August 6th, 2010 06:27 AM

amazing work!! I think we will be reading about you when you hit the big time!!

Junior Pascual August 6th, 2010 12:15 PM

Big props to you, Marc. I can only dream of doing the stuff you're doing!

Chris Hurd August 6th, 2010 12:31 PM

It's quite satisfying to know that a DVi member won this contest. Congrats, Marc!

Marc de Jesus August 6th, 2010 02:09 PM

thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Lol.. yup thought I'd have to just post my win.. because earlier this year... i was hittin up this forum with my questions.. issues with my cineform products.. and now that i've figuered it out.. its satisfying to win against people who used magic bullet/final cut.. just because those are much more used products (imo) with the 5D..

Tim Kolb August 6th, 2010 02:49 PM

Well, well, well done, Marc!

Story was well told, shots were paced to serve plot (not the cinematographer's self-reference).

Well deserved award.

Marc de Jesus August 6th, 2010 05:28 PM

Thank you Tim..

What do you mean by "cinematographer's self-reference"?

forgive me for not knowing what that means.. i love to learn.. so please inform me. thanks!

Tim Kolb August 6th, 2010 05:53 PM

It means drawing attention to the cinematography over the story with unnecessary and/or unmotivated production techniques that take the viewer out of the story to somehow attempt to focus the viewer on the talent behind the camera instead of the story in front of it.

You're completely forgiven for not understanding my reference...now forget the meaning and go on with your career...

Marc de Jesus August 6th, 2010 06:04 PM

ooooohhh... i got it.. thanks Tim!

is that an industry standard word??? I want to start using it.. cause that was my #1 critique of some of the other films.. and rather than say two sentences.. i can say that term...

Tim Kolb August 6th, 2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc de Jesus (Post 1556340)
ooooohhh... i got it.. thanks Tim!

is that an industry standard word??? I want to start using it.. cause that was my #1 critique of some of the other films.. and rather than say two sentences.. i can say that term...

Industry Standard? Well...i usually hear "creative ma....." Um...it rhymes with "raster nation".

"Self reference" is something I can slip into a conversation with my mother...

Marc de Jesus August 7th, 2010 12:05 AM

lol.. nice..

i'll use both.. depending on environment.