DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Intensity Shuttle + Cineform + Vegas9 - Compatible? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/484267-intensity-shuttle-cineform-vegas9-compatible.html)

Mike Calla September 4th, 2010 02:45 AM

Intensity Shuttle + Cineform + Vegas9 - Compatible?

Just wondering if anyone has a definite, "YES IT WORKS!" with the Intensity Shuttle + Cineform + Vegas9?

Once again the Aja's are great cards (i have two) but too expensive and the SDI i/o is rather useless in my workflow.

Mark Wilson September 6th, 2010 07:48 PM

Yes, it works.

Mark

PS I tested this with a trial version of vegas pro 9 that has now expired, so unfortunately I likely won't be able to provide further details. Was using NEO HD v 4.something with it.

Mike Calla September 7th, 2010 06:52 PM

Great Mark! Good to hear!

A little surprising...and scary that only one person responded though?

When The Intensity Pro (the Shuttle's older sister) came out a few years ago everyone was asking for Cineform + Intensity Pro + Vegas. It never came! And many people on the boards were asking for it. Eventually the asking stopped?

I wonder what happened to all those people. Did they jump ship..not from cineform, but more likely from Vegas to PPCS4/5?

Or

Possibly motherboards w/USB3 that are Shuttle supported are too new?

Henry Olonga September 7th, 2010 07:00 PM

I jumped onto a Nanoflash. Much easier to use in the field and I abandoned my portable intensity rig. It is still some of the sweetest footage I have ever captured though. Vegas never played nice with it though

Mike Calla September 7th, 2010 07:17 PM

oh ya capturing!

I never used cineform for capture. I was much more concerned with a monitoring workflow! Being able to monitor online in HD was goal that took me through a lot of setups.

Proxies, uncompressed, etc.

Cineform with AJA was one of the winning, albeit expensive combos.

With Shuttle and Cineform i can (or will be able to ) get 10bit HD realtime output - and its not expensive!

Mark Wilson September 7th, 2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Calla (Post 1567020)
Great Mark! Good to hear!

A little surprising...and scary that only one person responded though?

When The Intensity Pro (the Shuttle's older sister) came out a few years ago everyone was asking for Cineform + Intensity Pro + Vegas. It never came! And many people on the boards were asking for it. Eventually the asking stopped?

I wonder what happened to all those people. Did they jump ship..not from cineform, but more likely from Vegas to PPCS4/5?

Or

Possibly motherboards w/USB3 that are Shuttle supported are too new?

I am thinking it's probably the latter. The system requirements are fairly specific / high end. I got away with an older gigabyte ud5 motherboard (i7 / x58) and an ASUS usb3.0 / sata 3 card. The shuttle installed fine, but I cannot update its firmware.

FYI, the Vegas implementation is quite simple (no presets or other weirdness) but it doesn't send sound out, just video. Also I tried the shuttle with pp cs4 + cineform (worked fine) and pp cs5+cineform (stalls every 3 seconds).

Mike Calla September 7th, 2010 10:30 PM

Interesting about the firmware. Maybe when the shuttle's rigid requirements are the norm it'll be easier to do.

About the sound, that's too bad, although i'm not sure how i'd implement multi-channel audio via HDMI in the first place?? I use a usb/firewrire audio i/o anyways so...