DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Update neoscene question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/486024-update-neoscene-question.html)

Bruce Phung October 12th, 2010 09:23 AM

Update neoscene question

I currently have Neoscene version 5.07, now I would like to update neoscene version 5.2. I don't want to do anything until I got a clear answer how it done because I ocassionally see people update their Neoscene and then having licensing problem.

I am thinking install the new version 5.2 over the old one???? is that a go?

David Newman October 12th, 2010 10:15 AM

Licensing issue may only occur you are moving major versions (like 4.x to 5.x,) or you deactivate when you shouldn't. In either case a trouble ticket with support will fix it. Moving from 5.07 and 5.2 uses the same license, just uninstall the old and reinstall the new. I do this nearly everyday as put of my testing, no licensing issue.

Bob Hart October 12th, 2010 10:48 AM

David.

Unfortunately I won't be able to give you feedback on PP2 within a useful time. I had forgotten I had not sought a new activation code for Prospect 2K after the re-install and it is has lapsed. Have doing my short camera tests in desktop mode. Needs a new computer. I'll get around to it but am juggling the too few dollars and cents right now.

Bruce Phung October 12th, 2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1578007)
Licensing issue may only occur you are moving major versions (like 4.x to 5.x,) or you deactivate when you shouldn't. In either case a trouble ticket with support will fix it. Moving from 5.07 and 5.2 uses the same license, just uninstall the old and reinstall the new. I do this nearly everyday as put of my testing, no licensing issue.

It done. All good, thank you. From now on I am not afraid to update any new version of neoscene.

Ron Little October 12th, 2010 11:19 AM

What are the steps to upgrade? And will Neoscene work on Nanoflash files?

Stelios Christofides October 12th, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1578007)

This might be a stupid question but why and when do you deactivate neoscene?

Stelios

David Newman October 12th, 2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Little (Post 1578032)
What are the steps to upgrade? And will Neoscene work on Nanoflash files?

No, Nanoflash used a high bit-rate high profile MXF MPEG2, that support is in NeoHD and above. NeoScene is desgined for HDV (stand profile MPEG2) and AVCHD (H.264) sources only.

David Newman October 12th, 2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1578037)
This might be a stupid question but why and when do you deactivate neoscene?

Stelios

When moving a license to a new PC, or reinstalling a fresh OS (like a new PC.) Either case deactivate first, when on the new system activate like the product is new,

Bruce Phung October 16th, 2010 07:46 PM

Hi Dave,

When I was using Neoscene version 5.07 and everything work fine. Few days ago I update to version 5.2 and now I got NO audio... Whats up with that??

PS, I did reinstall AC3 filter and still NO audio on converted video.

David Newman October 16th, 2010 08:10 PM

We didn't change audio support in anyway that I know of, and it is still work for all the source I've started. Support will likely have the answer, so please file a trouble ticket.

Bruce Phung October 16th, 2010 08:17 PM

can you post the supoort link here please.

David Newman October 16th, 2010 08:27 PM

It is on the front page of cineform.com under support.

Bruce Phung October 16th, 2010 08:32 PM

Yup. Just submitted the ticket.