DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HDLink crashes converting long clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/486610-hdlink-crashes-converting-long-clips.html)

Bill Bryant October 25th, 2010 12:23 PM

HDLink crashes converting long clips

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue... I recently upgraded to the latest version of neoHD and now HDLink crashes when I try to convert a two hour clip I shot on Saturday. HDLink will start the conversion and appear to be working properly, it will chug along for a while and then the application goes non-responsive toward the end of the conversion and I have to force quit HDLink to exit. It leaves a huge incomplete .avi file on my video drive that FirstLight can't open it. Short clips from the same shoot convert without incident. I have converted a few clips of this length in the past using HDLink with no problems. Luckily my camera can split the two hour file up into smaller chunks and I was able to get my job converted and start editing using that method but I would like figure out whats going on with converting longer clips. I have email support about this but have yet to hear back.

Robert Young October 25th, 2010 07:33 PM

Are you actually using v 5.2, which was just released in the last week or so?
Were you having the same problem with the previous build of NeoHD?
If you were not, you might want to roll back to that version and get your project finished while the issue gets sorted out.

Bill Bryant October 26th, 2010 07:47 AM

I'm using version 5.2.1.279 which I believe is the current version. I have not had this problem with previous versions but I can't roll back because I don't have a previous version saved to install.

Robert Young October 26th, 2010 05:12 PM

Hmmm...
Are you sure there is no way to download an older version on the CF site.
Your user key, etc. is already embeded in your system.
I would think that if you uninstalled the current version, downloaded & installed an older version (I'm thinking b 268 was bulletproof), it should activate and run.
This is all we do when we "roll back".

Bill Bryant October 27th, 2010 10:56 AM

Just a heads up...Tech Support has replicated and confirmed this problem.

Marc Salvatore December 30th, 2010 02:32 PM

Hi Bill,

I just found your post about problems converting long clips with HDLink. I'm a Neo HD ver. 4 owner and I've been trying the latest ver. 5 build and having the same problems. I am trying to convert 60 minute HDV files from a Sony Z1 into 1920x1080 Cineform files (high quality) and it always hangs part way through the process. Has Cineform support solved the issue for you?

Thanks, Marc

Jake Segraves December 30th, 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bryant (Post 1582787)
Just a heads up...Tech Support has replicated and confirmed this problem.

I was able to reproduce this freeze on my laptop, and it turned out to be a CPU overheating issue. For those of you that are experiencing this, monitor your CPU temp and see if its getting irregularly hot...like 80c. If so, that's too hot and you should look into turning up for fan speed if it has a variable option.