DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform research - what does it mean for me? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/488629-cineform-research-what-does-mean-me.html)

Andrew Prince December 15th, 2010 12:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I recreated those faults I mentioned earlier. I have screen grabs, to avoid any confusion.

The first problem is with capturing using HDLink. It starts to capture from my Sony FX1E and then almost immediately throws an error (see NeoScene_Capture.jpg).

The second problem is with trying to convert Premiere Pro captured MPEG (HDV) from my Sony FX1E (and Z5E) to Cineform (see NeoScene_Convert.jpg).

I'm guessing a reinstall of Vista 64 is needed? Not the most impressive start to a trial of Cineform products, but I guess that's probably not the fault of Cineform.

Regards,

Andrew.
Professional Wedding Videographer and Wedding Video Production Services in Bolton, Manchester and all over the UK

John Quandt December 15th, 2010 11:56 PM

I'm using Sony HC3 and FX1 cameras. I've had trouble with Premiere doing scene detection, at least on the HC3's, so I previously used HDVsplit to do my captures to m2t files. I was able to easily convert them to CFHD avi's using NeoScene HD Link. Of course, my video is NTSC HDV, not PAL. Now I use NeoHD HD Link directly. (I just wish HD Link could tag the files with the video start date and time like HDVsplit does. It makes it easier to do a multicam sync.)

Of course, you could be having a problem with that virus from Redmond Washington ... called Microsoft Windows. :-)

I've found I have to rebuild my Windows machines every two years or less. (I don't have that problem with Linux, which unfortunately does not run CS5.) I do recommend Windows 7 64-bit over Vista.

Andrew Prince December 16th, 2010 08:35 AM

Hi John,

I've had zero problems with CS5 capturing 1080i HDV from either of my cameras. I did have problems with Vegas 9.0 when I first got the Z5E. Seems I had to clean the heads a couple of times (on a brand new camera no less!) and I also added a RAID systems (two 500Gb drives). With Vegas, I found that making the capture window small, I got by the strange scene detect issues where it strangely split whole clips in two for no reason.

When CS5 came along with scene detect, I went back to that and ditched Vegas.

I'll post more in a week or so when I have had chance to finish my current projects, free up my edit box and do a nice clean reinstall on my new hardware. :-) I really want to use Cineform NeoScene with Magic Bullet Looks to see if there is a difference in quality.

Regards,

Andrew.
Professional Wedding Videographer and Wedding Video Production Services in Bolton, Manchester and all over the UK