DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Release cadidate for v5.3.1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/492018-release-cadidate-v5-3-1-a.html)

Jon Sands February 23rd, 2011 05:55 AM

Re: Release cadidate for v5.3.1

Hello, I'm trying a trial of neo3d. Whenever I export a file out of premiere cs5, when I use the "cineform avi file" preset, when I click export it tries to export then windows pops up the message "cfrenderproc has stopped working" and of course the export fails. In premiere if I choose to just export a normal avi file and choose cineform as the encoder within that, it works just fine.

Is this fixed in the build linked above? I can't tell because I just went to the cineform site and it sent me the download email, however the link it sent me for neo3d windows links to a broken 3mb archive.

David Newman February 23rd, 2011 08:56 AM

There is a typ-o in the download link for Neo3D. It is 531 not 513. That will be fixed when we get into the office.

Jon Sands February 23rd, 2011 05:14 PM

Ah, thank you!

Justin Lovell February 23rd, 2011 07:05 PM

BUG!

I have 2k footage from si2k. Opened in FL and it shows a purple 1 pixel bar down the right hand side of the image.

If I zoom to 1.0002 it will go past it, but it also shifts the color correction.

David Newman February 23rd, 2011 07:17 PM

Don't get that here with my SI footage.

Justin Lovell February 23rd, 2011 07:24 PM

very strange..

I'm looking through all the footage that I scanned with the SI around that time, and it is only one project that has the bright pink line on the right side of the image. Hmm.. wonder if there was some kind of sync issue on those files to cause this.

Mike Falconer February 24th, 2011 12:25 PM

Page is closed. Can't access.

Justin Lovell February 25th, 2011 09:32 AM

5.3.1 bug FL:

If i change the zoom up 1.0002 + the exposure on the image shifts.

David Newman February 25th, 2011 07:33 PM

Justin,

We made made that much better. It is cosmetic bug in that it will not impact output quality of rendering or playback, however it is annoying. It mostly impacts re-framing with a LUT applied. It is not new, been there ever since we added zoom. As I'm on a quality kick (got the 444(4) codec running to 1000 generations and still looking awesome), I decided to look the FL preview bug.

Here are the latest Decoder components used by FirstLight, Premiere, Vegas etc.

http://www.cineform.com/downloads/CFHDDecoders.zip

Unzip and replace components in
C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools

Jon Sands February 26th, 2011 07:00 AM

David, the premiere pro bug I talked about on the top of this page still exists with this latest release. Any idea what could be going on?

Leo Baker February 26th, 2011 07:14 AM

Hello David,

I am converting Panasonic p2 hvx200 footage shoot at 720p. Anytime Iuse HDLINK to convert these into Cineform I am on Windows 7 pro, using Neo 4k latest build I downloaded form the Cineform website yesterday Neo4K v5.31 build 304 - CURRENT VERSION 5.

The p2 files convert using HDLINK, when I play them back the audio is normal speed, but the footage itself is playing back x3 faster as if it is being fast forwarded???

Thanks,

Leo

Gary Brun February 26th, 2011 08:21 AM

I have tried everything... but can not for the life of me find out how to export as an alpha file with Prem CS5 and Cineform.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David Newman February 26th, 2011 11:41 AM

Jon,

No other reports, so you have a support issue, likely not a bug.

Leo,

Nothing changed in HDLink, support ticket please.

Gary,

Its seems something has broken with PPro alpha export. I put it on the list.

As this thread describes an older build, please post it new threads.

Gary Brun February 26th, 2011 01:47 PM

Thanks for the reply David.
Just sent through a bug to cineform support with a small video file.

¨g

Chris Barcellos February 26th, 2011 02:34 PM

I loaded the beta a couple of days back, per the link in this thread, and I started having playback issues with newly rendered files on WIndows Media player. I would bet an error message about "com support". Last evening, I was still having issues, as I was sorting through archived films that were archived in Cineform AVI., and I had problems playing back some of those. I uninstalled this version, and reinstalled a version in had on board from November. Seemed to resolve playback issues.