DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   GOPro cineform compatibility (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/494083-gopro-cineform-compatibility.html)

Giroud Francois April 4th, 2011 01:39 PM

GOPro cineform compatibility

Has the new GOPro free software anything to share with the original product ?
I mean, installing the new GoPro software will interact with a cineform product already installed (mess with codec for example ?)
On the other hand, are the files created by the GoPro software compatible with any other cineform product ? or Will it be an advantage to own a more expensive Cineform product to use with the GoPro ?

David Newman April 4th, 2011 04:01 PM

Re: GOPro cineform compatibility

Good questions.

The Neo products and the GoPro CineForm Studio (GPCS) do coexist. However, an uninstall of one will remove the shared components. Simply reinstall the one you intend to use -- or keep both installed.

The output of GPCS is fully compatible will all existing CineForm tool. However, Neo file will not load into GPCS.

David

Brian Bergstrom April 4th, 2011 04:35 PM

The new GoPro software is pretty sweet and will be extremely useful even to just quickly trim and convert 2D GoPro files. I also appreciate that the metadata controls (exposure, contrast, etc.) transfer seamlessly to First Light. Pretty cool!

John Hewat April 4th, 2011 04:54 PM

Presumably though the GoPro software is not a replacement for Neo HD for say, converting MP4s out of an EX1 for example? Is that what you meant by "Neo File will not load into GPCS"?

Cineform and GoPro make what I consider the two easiest, smoothest products that I ever get to use. I'm vvery pleased that they're together now. I rarely ever edit anything without converting to Cineform and I rarely leave the house without my GoPro.

David Newman April 4th, 2011 04:59 PM

"Cineform and GoPro make what I consider the two easiest, smoothest products that I ever get to use. I'm vvery pleased that they're together now. I rarely ever edit anything without converting to Cineform and I rarely leave the house without my GoPro."

I had to quote that. ;)

Craig Davidson April 4th, 2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Hewat (Post 1635308)
Presumably though the GoPro software is not a replacement for Neo HD for say, converting MP4s out of an EX1 for example? Is that what you meant by "Neo File will not load into GPCS"? .

It will load some MP4 files, but we have not tested all the available files. It does not load the EX1 MP4 files, which is not a surprise since those will not play in QuickTime either.

Cosmin Serban May 26th, 2011 05:33 AM

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any idea how to uninstall this GoPro Cineform + GoPro Codec? I have not found any uninstall option and there is this MenuBar CodecStatus that I cannot get rid of.

Thank you.