DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Opinion needed on SlowMotion/Time Twisting plugins... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/50263-opinion-needed-slowmotion-time-twisting-plugins.html)

Pierre Barberis August 30th, 2005 02:34 PM

Opinion needed on SlowMotion/Time Twisting plugins...

Has any one an opinion about the "best" plugin(s) to use witin Premiere Pro ?
For instance has anyone tried Twixtor ? Will it support the CFHD AVIs and render them nicely ?

Or any alternative that some one has experienced ??
Thanks.

Michael Stewart August 31st, 2005 09:17 PM

I've tried them all, twixtor works the best! Here is an example

http://streamitnow.com/customer/aemikea/AO.mov

Mike

Pierre Barberis September 1st, 2005 07:30 AM

Thanks, mickael

very nice and moving clip, indeed.

Could you tell me what was the original footage ( Camcorder and definition ..)
Apparently you edited on a Mac ?? with which NLE ??

Thanks again

Michael Stewart September 1st, 2005 03:00 PM

No I'm a diehard PC guy, especially since cineform is the best! The one of the girl in front of the window, the fountain and umbrellas, and the wagon are twixtor material, I forgot to mention that. It was shot/edited in HDV 1080i(FX1), of course it is hard to tell when compressed, I just used quicktime because it had the nicer encoding look over the windows media version.

Mike

Steven Gotz September 1st, 2005 05:08 PM

Damn you are good with that stabilizer.

Michael Stewart September 1st, 2005 08:44 PM

Thanks Steve

Mike

Pierre Barberis September 2nd, 2005 09:37 AM

I totally second this motion !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
Damn you are good with that stabilizer.

yes indeed you are.
Thanks for all.

Michael Stewart September 2nd, 2005 09:55 AM

Thanks Pierre, I've tried all the slow motion plugins, Twixtor is the easiest and the best for quality (better than Furnace,Retimer or Boris Continuum

Mike

Jake Craig September 2nd, 2005 07:40 PM

Very nice video

Steve Crisdale September 2nd, 2005 08:25 PM

This clip should be shown to all those wondering how good HDV is for wedding video!!

So much in it that's educational for those wondering about editing, etc, etc.

I'd imagine the Bride was stoked to get such quality...

Michael Stewart September 2nd, 2005 11:10 PM

They were blown away when they saw it on my 34" HDTV, the colors are stunning! Thanks for the comments.

Mike

Randy Donato September 3rd, 2005 08:47 AM

Michael, very nice work and I agree with the poster above regarding this making a good example of the benefits of HDV for wedding and event folks. I noticed some black letterboxing that is a distraction though. We are waging a big debate over at the Canopus forum regarding the issue of just offering and having the ability to produce 16:9 and HDV as an option and I would love to point some of the old "I will never change" grumpier old men to this work. Thanks for posting it and one last question...do you use the pro version?

Michael Stewart September 4th, 2005 01:01 AM

It is a distraction, it was not in the one I gave to the bride and groom, I used the twixtor pro, but you don't need it, standard works just perfect. Once I started working in 16:9, I never wanted to see 4:3 again! Thanks

Mike

Anders Lilkaer September 29th, 2005 07:47 AM

Michael, would you be nice to explain the procedure of which you are using when creating slow motion with Reelsmart Twixtor?. I've just got my hands on the 4.5 demo version, but I find it difficult to produce the slow motion without the motives are distorted somehow - it's like the edges of the moving particles are waving... let me post a sample as soon as possible, then you can maybe comment on that!

Thanks in advance,
Anders Lilkaer

Michael Stewart September 30th, 2005 04:46 PM

No problem, it is pretty straight forward, I will post the procedure this weekend, are you using After Effects?

Mike

Leonardo Silva Jr. October 1st, 2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Stewart
No problem, it is pretty straight forward, I will post the procedure this weekend, are you using After Effects?

Mike

Hello Mike, I'm really eager to see how you have done it with twixtor, please post the procedure. :) what particular twixtor effect was it? thanks.

Anders Lilkaer October 2nd, 2005 05:13 AM

Hi Mike

I'm actually using Apple Final Cut Pro 5.02 - This is how I'm doing so far(Maybe it's inevitable to get a small blend between the frames with such massive slowdown?) The clip is 1.4 mb and in H.264 :

http://wuhtzu.net/Anders/slowdvinfo.mov

Regards,
Anders Lilkaer

Anders Lilkaer October 5th, 2005 08:20 AM

Answer please !

Answer please !

Daniel Rudd October 11th, 2005 10:51 AM

Michael, that was really great work--do you mind me asking what a couple pays to get a wedding video like that?

If you do mind you can answer these other questions instead... :)

What are you flying your fx1 on? (other than a lot of talent and practice)
What were you using as a crane?
Was there any software stabilization added to your flying work?

I'm also looking forward to your procedure list. Twixtor should be paying you... I'm getting out my credit card right now.

Again, great work.

Michael Stewart October 11th, 2005 06:21 PM

Hi Daniel, I use a modified Steadicam SK2 (dual arm, more like a Provid) did not use any software stabilization ( The steadicam is smooth, but any flaws are easily made up with slowing the footage down.

I made the crane, it is pretty easy to make, fits on a tripod and goes up about 10 feet or so, fisheye really makes it look a lot higher.

The video is part of the complete package (around $2500 american) rehearsal, ceremony, reception and a highlight video. Thanks everyone for the kind words on the clip.

Mike