DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Exporting 24p from HD100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/53321-exporting-24p-hd100.html)

Luis Otero October 25th, 2005 06:33 AM

Exporting 24p from HD100

David,

In your website it is stated that exporting 24p material back to the HD100 is not supported yet (importing is no issue). I opened a ticket for help on this item, and the response given to close the ticket was: " If you are using version 3.3, you already have this ability.

When you've finished your 24p Aspect HD project, go to:

"Export Movie", and click "Settings"
In the File Type drop-down box, select "CineForm M2T"
Click the "Video" label in the left box.
Under "Compressor" select "CineForm M2T 720p 23.976p (JVC ProHD)"
Frame rate should be 23.976fps and PAR should be "Square Pixels (1.0)"
Click "OK" and save the file as you desire, but you must manually add ".m2t" at the end of the filename.
Then, using HDLink, export this newly created m2t file to tape."

I have been using 3.3 since it was available, and that option ("CineForm M2T 720p 23.976p (JVC ProHD)") does not exist in mine. For 720p, only 29.97 option is available, and for 23.97 is 1080i.

So, due to this conflicting information, what is the right answer, and if the solution is available, how do I get it! I have the camera, and a proyect already finished, but cannot export it to the camera! The HDLink is build 38, just in case it necessary.

Thanks,

Luis

David Newman October 25th, 2005 10:18 AM

This will be in the next drop of Aspect HD. I don't know why it is up on the tech support site. Aspect HD 3.4 will have export of 24p back to the JVC HD100 -- sorry for the confusion. Follow up on your trouble ticket and will see if there is a patch that will work with Aspect HD 3.3 (to export your 24p ProHD project.)

Luis Otero October 25th, 2005 09:13 PM

David,

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter. Nobody from tech support has responded to my ticket since I re-opened it yesterday... So, when is the date 3.4 will be released, even as a "beta". We are starting to work on a feature mid November, so we need this badly ASAP!

Thanks,

Luis

PS

Since nobody has responded to my ticket, I do not know if there is a patch for 3.3 that adds such capability. Could you please check on that? Tx!

David Newman October 25th, 2005 09:52 PM

There isn't a patch, yet. I have discussed with the support staff as what new component are needed to create one, but it sounds like you project should be OK for the 3.4 release. Support should get back to your inquiry soon.

Note: why are you using M2T exports for a feature? For 720p24 I would up-res the final to 1920x1080p24 as an AVI and output to D5 for the master. I know that will require Prospect HD or an uncompressed solution, but there are benefit to getting to a standard deliverable. ProHD 24p is a nice acquistion format but it is isn't a mastering format.

Luis Otero October 25th, 2005 10:03 PM

David,

Thanks for your prompt response and kind advise about the workflow. However, at this time, the feature will be intended first for local TV, with a possible blow-up to 35mm in the future for other markets. So, that is why we need the m2t in file. It will be downconverted for Betacam SD, but we want to have the master saved in m2t.

Thanks again,

Luis

PS

In terms of Prospect HD, what is your take on that option vs. Matrox Axio? I mean, you do not sell it outside of a turnkey system...

David Newman October 25th, 2005 10:19 PM

For a master to keep on the shelf, miniDV is a bad format (particularly for HD.) Simply flatten your project's timeline to a CineForm AVI (or uncompressed if you like) and put in on a FireWire drive. Better yet, use the project management feature in PPro to optimize you production to the frames you need, to reduce the backup size yet still allow for future edits. Disk backup is now low cost, higher quality, random access and more reliable than tape.

Prospect HD is now available as software only starting at $1999. Most of our customers build their own Prospect HD systems. Check out http://www.cineform.com/products/ProspectHD.htm for all the configuration options.

Re: Axio, that is a lot more expensive setup as it supports dual stream uncompressed. Prospect HD doesn't need that expensive disk system.

Luis Otero October 27th, 2005 08:55 PM

David,

Thanks a lot. Tim took care of the issue right away. Great support!

Luis