DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CU-VH1US capabilities finally accepted! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/54128-cu-vh1us-capabilities-finally-accepted.html)

Luis Otero November 10th, 2005 04:52 AM

CU-VH1US capabilities finally accepted!

Interesting... what we have been questioning and saying all along about the CU-VH1US capabilities and denied officially by JVC is now officially accepted by them in their web page: http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/f...ture_id=13#sse : "Signals in the 24p mode can be input and output through the IEEE-1394 connector making the CU-VH1US a versatile NLE spooler."

The only problem: they do not want to provide a firmware to allow the baby to show the footage in its LCD, hence obligating the owners to digitaze the entire tape, as opposed to allowing us to do a real batch capturing of the necessary footage in the tapes.

I do not know the proper continuation of pressing on this matter... After several month of anoying complaining, they needed to officially accept it. Now, how to make them to write the firmware for the baby to allow us to fully utilize it with 24p material?

Luis

David:

Is there any way your awesome software can help us to overcome this issue by allowing us to see in an external monitor the footage, hence allowing us to do a proper batch capturing?

Luis Otero November 13th, 2005 05:52 PM

David, your opinion...

David,

Any opinion/reaction on this?

Luis

David Newman November 13th, 2005 06:12 PM

You can see the footage in the Premiere capture window would logging which scenes to capture. That should be work for the CU-VH1US. But this is not sent to an external monitor. Eventual we want the monitoring to continue even while capturing.

Luis Otero November 13th, 2005 06:19 PM

David,

The Premiere capturing screen says "Preview in External Moniotor", and the LCD says "Cannot Decode Video/Audio", so there is no way to see the captured footage (catch 22 issue). It is so frustrating since I need to digitize all the tape, then select the scenes I need...! Any URGENT advise, please. I am in the virtue of doing an entire feature using your Aspect HD, but having this issue really is hendering my productivity as editor.

Help,

Luis

David Newman November 13th, 2005 06:31 PM

However, the workflow of loggin before capturing works fine. Hit play on the deck and watch the capture window. The message "Preview in External Monitor" only applies while you are activately recording. Do you follow? I agree it will be nice when you allows see the picture, but the workflow case mentioned should be working fine.

Luis Otero November 13th, 2005 06:49 PM

David,

I have not tried that, but I will do it early tomorrow. If that is the case, we should be up and running soon. I will report as soon as tested. This is telling me that a simple firmware will do the trick. I feel we are getting there.

Would your next 3.4 version take care of this isuuse, eliminating the "View in External Monitor" while capturing? When is it supposed to be released?

Thanks,

Luis

David Newman November 13th, 2005 09:27 PM

No the next update will not change the way the capture preview works. The update is targetted at other features.

Luis Otero November 13th, 2005 09:31 PM

David,

Thanks for your response. Any target dates for 3.4 and the one including this option?

Luis

David Newman November 13th, 2005 09:40 PM

Nothing I can say.

Luis Otero November 16th, 2005 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
However, the workflow of loggin before capturing works fine. Hit play on the deck and watch the capture window. The message "Preview in External Monitor" only applies while you are activately recording. Do you follow? I agree it will be nice when you allows see the picture, but the workflow case mentioned should be working fine.

David,

I am trying it right now and the capturing screen is just green, and no sound is heard at all. Is there anything that I may be aware of (settings or preferences) to make it work?

Thanks,

Luis

David Newman November 16th, 2005 10:26 AM

"Green" is not normal -- you should be seeing video -- you will need to contact tech. support.

Luis Otero November 20th, 2005 02:12 PM

Ticket opened

David,

I just opened the ticket #611-1745706 to troubleshoot this. A follow-up would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

Luis Otero