DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Motion Stabilization + Cineform (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/55525-motion-stabilization-cineform.html)

Joel Corral December 4th, 2005 09:50 PM

Motion Stabilization + Cineform

any one have any luck with using motion stabilization and HDV codec from cineform? i have had "unsucess" using FURNACE STABiLIZE PLUG-IN...

any other options that work and dont take years to render?

thanks

joel

Jeff Baker December 6th, 2005 12:30 PM

How many frames are you trying to read ahead?
I have just got a dual core system installed and will be trying it soon, however this program was deadly slow using my old 3.2ee cpu on DV material so I would plan to only use it sparingly.

Joel Corral December 6th, 2005 03:17 PM

well i am using

average frames
step size = 0
filtering high
crop = colour

planning on importing the footage into a 720x480 16x9 project
and then zooming in on the footage to avoid crop markings.

joel

Laurence Kingston December 6th, 2005 09:17 PM

VirtualDub and the Deshaker plug work great, but they take forever and files have to be done one at a time.

Joel Corral December 6th, 2005 10:35 PM

virtualdub? i was unaware that this would be possible with such an app..

joel

Joel Corral December 7th, 2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston
VirtualDub and the Deshaker plug work great, but they take forever and files have to be done one at a time.

Lance,

i haven't had any success with using deshaker... today i have been trying to stablize Cineform HDV footage.. what settings are you using?

thanks

joel

Laurence Kingston December 7th, 2005 11:06 PM

The first thing you need to do is to buy ConnectHD or AspectHD in order to be able to have access to the Cineform Codec in programs other than Vegas or Premier. You also need a recent version of Deshaker which has the HDV size settings as options. From there it is pretty much like working with DV only slower. On the plus side, the quality of the deshaken video is still really good. If you downrez to SD to write to DVD, you'll get great looking resolution that looks like it was done with a steadycam system. If I could just batch file the whole process I'd be pretty happy.

Joel Corral December 7th, 2005 11:30 PM

laurance,

i own aspectHD i am not clueless here, i just need some info on your settings that you use. i also have the latest deshaken plugin and also the latest of vdub...

thanks

joel

Jeff Baker December 8th, 2005 11:48 AM

Is furnace working at all with your cineform footage or just slow?

Joel Corral December 8th, 2005 11:53 AM

1st of all its exreamly slow...i have a pentium D dual core setup, pretty fast..
with 1 gig of ram... 800 gigs HDD...

in AE 6.5 it often crashes, and some frames won't even render... if there are any disolves, the next track will render black...the list really goes on and on..

joel

Jeff Baker December 8th, 2005 12:01 PM

I am just finishing up a reinstall of my system from scratch on a dual core opteron 165 system today. As soon as I get the furnace plugin installed I will run it on some handheld footage of 5 sec or so in length and post results.

Joel Corral December 8th, 2005 07:11 PM

great thanks alot...

joel