DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Audio out of Sync Problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/80751-audio-out-sync-problems.html)

Ron Haley December 1st, 2006 10:06 AM

Audio out of Sync Problems

I broke down and purchased AspectHD yesterday. I did the "Cineform HD export" and it looks OK in Premiere, but when playing it in windows media player and Ulead Movie Factory 5, the audio and video are way out of Sync. Also, export back to m2t, I get the message cannot create m2t file. Any help appreciated.

David Newman December 1st, 2006 11:30 AM

File a trouble ticket with www.cineform.com/support as they will be able to help with all your questions.

Ron Haley December 1st, 2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
File a trouble ticket with www.cineform.com/support as they will be able to help with all your questions.

I have - that's why I am posting here!

David Newman December 1st, 2006 01:14 PM

We just noticed you didn't send these particular questions through the ticket system -- which goes directly to the head of support staff. Instead you choose to use email, which is a lower priority system for us, as it doesn't have customer information, like software version and PC type etc (so it take longer to handle.) This email will be processed soon. The lowest priority is forum based support, although we do other that, and most companies don't, but as you questions are being handled I don't need to do that.

Ron Haley December 5th, 2006 05:20 PM

David,
Everything was handled fine - thanks Tim.

Devon Lyon March 3rd, 2007 04:43 PM

Similar problem. What was the resolution?
I recently used HDLink to convert a bunch of the m2t files over to the cineform AVI (using Aspect HD). I have Premier Pro 2.0 on a new machine. The files came from a Canon A1 using a Firestore drive.

Why is the audio out of sync and what is the easiest way to fix? Thanks.

Ron Haley March 7th, 2007 03:00 PM

The problem was that my machine could not keep up, even with cineform. They have a utility that reduces the resolution of the cineform at play time, thus reducing the hardware requirements. I can't remember it's name.
My "final" solution was to upgrade to a core 2 duo with a 8800gts video card. This system runs fine with or without cineform.

Devon Lyon March 7th, 2007 07:47 PM

Figured out my problem. Not a Cineform issue.

Robert Garvey March 12th, 2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devon Lyon (Post 637947)
Figured out my problem. Not a Cineform issue.

What was your solution?

I have trial version and have the same issue both posters mentioned.

Audio out of sync with video in Windows Media Player 10.

Dual core AMD64 4200 XPpro, 2 gigs ram, 4 physical drives, geforce7950gt, pp2 + AspectHDtrial

David Newman March 12th, 2007 08:58 AM

Robert, please file a trouble ticket.