DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Vista 32bit PPro and Asptect v5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/93298-vista-32bit-ppro-asptect-v5.html)

Mario Jesmanowicz May 5th, 2007 03:33 PM

Vista 32bit PPro and Asptect v5

I am having problem and I think it might have something to do with Vista. WHatever I put on a timeline and try to play it, it just skips to the end of the timeline and does not show anything. Doesn't matter if it is 5 seconds or 50 seconds, it just goes in less than a second to the end. Anyone else have these issues?

Mario Jesmanowicz May 5th, 2007 03:35 PM

also I forgot, it only happens on the right window, when I watch stuff in the left window (just double click on any clip, that works)

my system

Core 2 Duo 2.93GHx
4GB RAM
Nvidia 7900 GT
500GB C:
and RAID-0 600GB D: with all the footage
Vista Ultimate 32bit

Mario Jesmanowicz May 5th, 2007 03:37 PM

Sorry one more thing :)
When I just use the cursor to move on the time line, that show the preview, only when I try to play it it doesn't

Salah Baker May 5th, 2007 04:50 PM

It’s not Vista related..

Had that happen to me to when I had a title, speedchange, or Effect non CineForm

Ray Bell May 5th, 2007 07:10 PM

Yes, I have seen this... you can try and reload the cineform or reload both
cineform and PP2.. sometimes this will fix the issue....

don't ask me why but it seems that Vista will break programs as you use them. at least this is what I'm seeing...

if you can't get it fixed under Vista, you can also use the arrow keys on the keyboard for preveiw...

David Newman May 6th, 2007 09:16 AM

We are still a month or so off a Vista stable version.

Peter Ferling May 6th, 2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario Jesmanowicz (Post 673401)
I am having problem and I think it might have something to do with Vista. WHatever I put on a timeline and try to play it, it just skips to the end of the timeline and does not show anything. Doesn't matter if it is 5 seconds or 50 seconds, it just goes in less than a second to the end. Anyone else have these issues?

This happens in PPro2 on XPSP2 32bit, and is not evident in the PPro3 beta. Give the PPro3 beta a try, you can copy the relative cineform files from PPro2 folder to PPro3's. Import your project into PPro3 and hit the spacebar. What happens?

Mario Jesmanowicz May 6th, 2007 05:15 PM

I did another test, when I use native PPro2 HDV it does not happen either but I am surprise that I had to render the footage. (it was captured a while ago with Cineform) but I thought that that PP uses codecs from Cineform (at lest they got them from Cineform) and there wouldn't be any need to render, anyway the most important thing is that it looks like it is something with Cineform since the other HDV works ok. BTW my footage was from JVC old camera 1280x720 30p