DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   quicktime issues with Aspect HD5? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/93736-quicktime-issues-aspect-hd5.html)

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 12:59 PM

quicktime issues with Aspect HD5?

I opened a project created using aspect 4 and it fails to recognize my HD quicktime files that are in it? This can't be right. The files are marked as being offline and when I when I tried to mark them as on-line it says non-supported format or file is damaged. These are in Quicktime animation codec and 1920x1440. Worked fine in Aspect 4. Anyone?

David Newman May 10th, 2007 01:36 PM

Make sure you are using Aspect HD 5.0.1.82

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 676749)
Make sure you are using Aspect HD 5.0.1.82

I just checked and it is definitely the latest version that I have installed. It is only the trial, even though I own aspect HD 4.3 .

I tried importing quicktime HD files into a non-cineform preset and it still kicks it out. So I uninstalled Aspect 5 and rebooted and it now accepts quicktime HD files again. So I can say with 100% certainty that something that Aspect HD is doing is causing Premiere Pro 2.0 to not accept Quicktime HD files anymore....even when choosing a standard Adobe HD preset. I just updated quicktime and rebooted and still no go. Hoping there is a quick fix otherwise I guess I'll submit a trouble ticket.

Thanks,
Marty

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 02:13 PM

I unisntalled AspectHD 5 and Premiere Pro imports HD quicktime files again. I then reinstalled aspect HD 5 and it won't. I uninstalled again and went back to Aspect 4.3 and it is working normally again.

I submitted a trouble ticket through the Cineform site and hope someone can help. This is just weird.

Marty

David Newman May 10th, 2007 04:58 PM

It is a bug that has been fixed which I thought was in build 82. If not it will be in the next build. You can just remove the CFQTImporter.prm component from Premiere's plug-ins folder to get MOV functions under AHD v5.

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 676888)
It is a bug that has been fixed which I thought was in build 82. If not it will be in the next build. You can just remove the CFQTImporter.prm component from Premiere's plug-ins folder to get MOV functions under AHD v5.

Thanks! I will try that and it will at least let me see if there are any performance advantages to aspect 5 in Premiere Pro.

David Newman May 10th, 2007 07:32 PM

More quality advantages than performance upgrades.

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 676976)
More quality advantages have performance upgrades.

huh???? I'm not sure what you are saying. Can you clarify?

David Newman May 10th, 2007 09:03 PM

Aspect HD v5 has many enhancements but speed was already pretty good so we didn't focus on that. Many bonuses HDSDI/HMDI injest, Qiucktime support for wider compatibility and a new codec engine for higher quliaty.

Marty Hudzik May 10th, 2007 09:08 PM

I see you edited your original post and it makes perfect sense now too.

So does Aspect HD only support AJA or would any SDI card do the trick? I have an XL-H1 and as of now, I do too much field recording to make use of the SDI output. However I do look forward to the day that I can ingest it using Aspect HD. What exactly do I need? Barebones....absolute minimum?

Thanks.

David Newman May 10th, 2007 09:15 PM

Any Blackmagic Decklink card or AJA Xena card will work through HDLink for 1440x1080 capture. You should seriously consider Prospect HD for and XL-H1 as it will show the benefits of 1920x1080 live capture. For Prospect HD we recommend the AJA Xena line as you can also timeline monitor with them.