DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Audio Level Meters (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/144545-audio-level-meters.html)

Mike Schell February 24th, 2009 05:44 PM

Audio Level Meters
 
We are now testing the firmware to add audio level meters to the Flash XDR. Initial tests look very positive and we hope to release by the end of this week along with some other minor tweaks and corrections.

Next week we hope to add internal time-code generation followed by standard definition support.

Best-

Mark Job February 24th, 2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 1017822)
We are now testing the firmware to add audio level meters to the Flash XDR. Initial tests look very positive and we hope to release by the end of this week along with some other minor tweaks and corrections.

Next week we hope to add internal time-code generation followed by standard definition support.

Best-

...Interesting Mike. So you are saying all of the guts are in the box, you just need to turn everything on step by step. I must admit it is fascinating, because I've never seen a company do this before. It's kinda cool to purchase a product for one thing, but eventually it sort of grows into a new product every month.

Mike Schell February 24th, 2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Andrew Job (Post 1017943)
...Interesting Mike. So you are saying all of the guts are in the box, you just need to turn everything on step by step. I must admit it is fascinating, because I've never seen a company do this before. It's kinda cool to purchase a product for one thing, but eventually it sort of grows into a new product every month.

Hi Mark-
I think Red has followed a similar approach. Yes, we have more enhancements which will roll out as firmware updates in the coming months.

We know we have competitors hot on our heels!

Cheers-

Mark Job February 25th, 2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 1017964)
Hi Mark-
I think Red has followed a similar approach. Yes, we have more enhancements which will roll out as firmware updates in the coming months.

We know we have competitors hot on our heels!

Cheers-

...If you mean us, then don't sweat it ! ;-) We can't catch up to you for about a year :-( But I hope we can get our prototype a little sooner than that :-)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:34 PM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2021 The Digital Video Information Network