DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   nanoFlash is Operational! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/209628-nanoflash-operational.html)

Dan Keaton April 17th, 2009 08:39 PM

nanoFlash is Operational!

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Friends,

We can now announce that we will have some working nanoFlashes at NAB.

The nanoFlash is operational at this time. We are able to power up, use the menus to set options, record in various modes and play back.

Also the recorded files are good.

At this time, we do not have the HDMI In and HDMI out operational.

Also, I do not know if we can format (initialize) CompactFlash cards in the nanoFlash or not. This is now a menu item and I just do not know if we have tested this or not. In any case we should have this working soon if it is not already working.

We have five operational nanoFlashes. We are leaving two back with our engineers to continue development. The other three will be at NAB.

We wish to extend an invitation for our friends to come see the unit in operation at our Convergent Design Booth SL10805, which is in the South Lower Hall.

Our overhead sign should look like this:

Alan Emery April 26th, 2009 09:07 AM

I noticed in the NAB video of Mike Schell that the Nanoflash is "Adobe Premiere compatible". I also noticed in the spec sheet on the site for Convergent Design that it is compatible with Premiere but only with the 35 mbps format.

Do you have any updates to that situation, or any further feedback from Adobe to reach the full 160 or 100 mbps formats? Do you anticipate being fully compatible at some point in the not-too-distant future?

Hate to give up the $750 savings, but don't want to be caught with limited compatibility with the Premiere NLE.

Alan

Mike Schell April 26th, 2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Emery (Post 1133428)
I noticed in the NAB video of Mike Schell that the Nanoflash is "Adobe Premiere compatible". I also noticed in the spec sheet on the site for Convergent Design that it is compatible with Premiere but only with the 35 mbps format.

Do you have any updates to that situation, or any further feedback from Adobe to reach the full 160 or 100 mbps formats? Do you anticipate being fully compatible at some point in the not-too-distant future?

Hate to give up the $750 savings, but don't want to be caught with limited compatibility with the Premiere NLE.

Alan

Hi Alan-
The Adobe developers already have MXF files of the 100 Mbps Long-GOP and the 160 Mbps I-Frame only. They indicate that Premiere should be compatibile with these formats in the next few months. Adobe needs to support the Sony PDW700 and PDW800 cameras, which uses our same CODEC (we just bumped up the bit-rate and offered an I-Frame only mode).

Best-

Alan Emery April 26th, 2009 01:26 PM

Thanks Mike,

I am looking forward to the opportunity to use this new device!

Alan

Dan Keaton April 29th, 2009 06:55 PM

HDMI Input on the nanoFlash is now operational

Our project to support the HDMI Input on the nanoFlash is now complete.

We have the HDMI Input operational at this time.

We will start on the HDMI Output feature tomorrow morning.

Just to be clear, we fully expect both HDMI Input and HDMI Output to be full operational by the time we ship.

We are on schedule.