DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Avoid Kingston 32 GB 133x Elite Pro card (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/239092-avoid-kingston-32-gb-133x-elite-pro-card.html)

Ofer Levy July 15th, 2009 03:57 PM

Avoid Kingston 32 GB 133x Elite Pro card

Hi all,

I know it was mentioned by Dan already but I feel it deserves a separate thread.
Please don't buy these cards for the Flash/Nano as there is a very good chance you are throwing your money away.
I bought two genuine ones here in Australia. (You can check whether they are genuine on Kingston's website) and they both failed to even be formatted in my Flash XDR.
Sent them back to the Kingston representative and they were very kind to send me two new cards.
Those cards failed too!!
So basically I end up with two totally useless cards.
Cheers,
Ofer Levy Photography

David Paul July 16th, 2009 11:37 PM

mine failed also

my 8 x kingston cards arrived today and all 8 are faulty. "write cache 2000" is all I get on my XDR. Unfortunately they were already shipping when we became aware of the problem. Missed changing the order by a few hours.
I will return them to supplier (reseller) not Kingston and exchange and more $$ for diff' brand.

So I also say "DO NOT BUY KINGSTON CF CARDS" for your XDR.

Ofer Levy July 17th, 2009 12:55 AM

Hi David,

You are luckier than me as I bought them on the internet and the business I got them from (Mwave.com.au) simply ignores all my emails and phone calls so basically I lost 250$. I guess we all have to learn these lessons at some stage....(-:

Cheers,
Ofer Levy Photography

Dan Keaton July 17th, 2009 06:52 AM

Dear Ofer,

Did you pay via a credit card?

If so, then you can dispute the charge. Expecially since they will not respond to your emails. Save all of your emails and other documenatation.

Also, you can contact Kingston instead of your dealer.

I hope everyone knows by now that we no longer recommend Kingston, but only because that we can not be assured of getting cards from a good batch. If you get one that passes our Format, then it will work fine.

David Issko July 18th, 2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofer Levy (Post 1172811)
Hi David,

You are luckier than me as I bought them on the internet and the business I got them from (Mwave.com.au) simply ignores all my emails and phone calls so basically I lost 250$. I guess we all have to learn these lessons at some stage....(-:

Cheers,
Ofer Levy Photography

Ofer, see what Consumer Affairs in your state can offer. If the goods are not suitable, you should be able to obtain a refund or change them over. When I get my nanoflash, I have decided that I will go with the Sandisk Extreme III cards until further notice from CF. It seems that most other cards are not terribly reliable.

Best wishes

Ofer Levy July 19th, 2009 12:54 AM

Thanks guys - I will give it a try!