DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   still no HDMI 3:2 pull-down (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/466822-still-no-hdmi-3-2-pull-down.html)

Rob Dommermuth October 30th, 2009 02:18 PM

still no HDMI 3:2 pull-down

I was just reading the new FAQ and it said that HDMI 3:2 pull-down
was not going to be added until the end of december.

This is very disappointing, since there so many cameras with the HDMI
as the only HD output.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, Because I think what the guys at CD are doing to
improve this product by listening to the end users is unheard of, and should be commended.

This is just my opinion, but I think the HDMI 3:2 option should have bin given a higher prioty.

The HDMI 3:2 pull-down option would have made the Nano the "Holy Grail" for me.
I mean Finally progressive footage out of my V1U and my HV20.

But really, thanks to Dan and Mike and all the guys at CD for putting up with all our crying.

Marcello Mazzilli October 30th, 2009 03:05 PM

They are great. Tommy developed the 1.3 version of File Converter utility (free!).. almost just for me.. So now it converts (without re-rendering) JVC HM700 footage from MOV to MXF with no errors in few seconds!

Barlow Elton October 30th, 2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Dommermuth (Post 1440352)
I was just reading the new FAQ and it said that HDMI 3:2 pull-down
was not going to be added until the end of december.

This is very disappointing, since there so many cameras with the HDMI
as the only HD output.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, Because I think what the guys at CD are doing to
improve this product by listening to the end users is unheard of, and should be commended.

This is just my opinion, but I think the HDMI 3:2 option should have bin given a higher prioty.

You're kidding, right? Put yourself in CD's shoes; if there were a technical complication that caused a developmental fork in the road when adding 3:2 pulldown inversion to either the HD-SDI input or HDMI...which camera owners do you think would take priority here? We're very lucky to have HDMI I/O on the nano, but HD-SDI is a professional interface and the pros that have cameras with HD-SDI would probably be the most likely to actually buy the nanoFlash in the first place!

It's completely amazing that this 3:2 pulldown feature will eventually make it to the HDMI port, but if I had to make the choice at CD, of course I would go with SDI as a priority

Dan Keaton October 30th, 2009 04:00 PM

Dear Rob,

We are actively working on 3:2 Pulldown removal for HDMI.

This involves quite a bit of work.

Without going into obscure technical details, we have to recreate things that are in the HD-SDI stream, adding them to the HDMI stream, in order to do our universal 3:2 Pulldown removal.

This just slipped into December for highly technical reasons and to accomodate other major features that make the nanoFlash much easier to use.

Mike Schell October 30th, 2009 06:02 PM

3:2 Pulldown on HDMI

Hi Rob-
We have developed and tested the code on HDMI pull-down removal, but so far no luck. We have a query into Canon asking if the cadence is different or if there is something we're missing. Hopefully, we can get a quick response and implement the necessary changes.

We moved the date to December because of these unknowns.

Best-

Rob Dommermuth October 31st, 2009 10:24 AM

Hi Dan and Mike

I really didn't mean any disrespect or a lack of gratitude. I think you guys are doing a Great job.

Thanks for your response.

Dan Keaton October 31st, 2009 10:38 AM

Dear Rob,

No offense was taken at all.

We were were not happy either when we had to delay 3-2 Pulldown Removal for HMDI either.