DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Discussion Area for Public Beta 1.5.31 / 1.5.25 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/474503-discussion-area-public-beta-1-5-31-1-5-25-a.html)

Dan Keaton March 10th, 2010 09:51 AM

Discussion Area for Public Beta 1.5.31 / 1.5.25

Dear Friends,

George Griswold has asked us to create a separate discussion area for the nanoFlash and Flash XDR Public Beta. We think this is a great idea.

So, please post any comments and suggestions in this thread that pertain to the
nanoFlash Public Beta 1.5.31 or Flash XDR Public Beta 1.5.25.

We will create a new, separate discussion area for the next Public Beta.

Barry J. Weckesser March 11th, 2010 07:54 AM

Dan - I have the new Beta firmware on my Nano and will be going on a Spring Break cruise with my kids in a couple of weeks. I am wondering if I should revert back to the production firmware. I only shoot MXF at 100mbps, 1080 30p, don't do under/overcrank, don't change timecodes (I have it set for timecode trigger). I do like the ability to review previous clips without having the Nano recording them again. Given my "vanilla" usage of the Nano with no fancy tricks do you think the beta is ok for this type of shooting? I have not seen any negative posts in here with people using the Nano within my parameters.

Piotr Wozniacki March 11th, 2010 08:08 AM

Barry,

Dan can confirm that I have tested the latest Public Beta really thoroughly in and out, and can tell you that as long as you're not getting any errors with your specific CF cards, the Beta is absolutely safe to be used in production.

The ability to preview last clip on the EX camera without triggering the nano works perfect, and indeed is a very useful feature.

Dan Keaton March 11th, 2010 08:10 AM

Dear Barry,

If you revert to 1.1.154, be certain to turn off Over or Under-Cranking first.
We learned this from Piotr.

We will have a second Public Beta soon. This version addesses the issues that our Public Beta testers have found.

So, you have your choice, using the new Public Beta, after testing it, or 1.1.154.

Barry J. Weckesser March 11th, 2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki (Post 1498068)
Barry,

Dan can confirm that I have tested the latest Public Beta really thoroughly in and out, and can tell you that as long as you're not getting any errors with your specific CF cards, the Beta is absolutely safe to be used in production.

The ability to preview last clip on the EX camera without triggering the nano works perfect, and indeed is a very useful feature.

Piotr and Dan -

Thanks for the comments - I have had no errors with my cards (Sandisk Extreme 32 GB and Photofast 64GB) so it looks like I am good to go.

Do you think the new public beta will be out before March 25-26?

Dan Keaton March 11th, 2010 04:44 PM

Dear Berry,

Yes, we do expect to meet your deadline.

Lance Librandi March 12th, 2010 01:51 AM

Hello Guys,
I have been on the road for the last few weeks and I found some problems with the HDMI playback and advised CD who are aware of it. The issue is only related to the NanoFlash playback, the recorded files when imported in FCP are all ok.
Cheers

John Mitchell March 17th, 2010 07:00 AM

Couple of quick notes - I own JVC-HM700 but had the chance to use an EX1 with the unit the other day. Comparing timecode from HD-SDI to natively recorded clips - identical on EX1 but differs by 2 frames on HM-700, so assume this an HM700 problem. Audio lags by 1 frame on EX1 and nearly two frames on HM700 - not sure why but points more to a nano problem. In this case we are talking embedded audio in the HD-SDI stream. HTH

Luben Izov March 27th, 2010 05:34 PM

Scrambling audio with first beta public version x.x.31

Dear Dan,
Last night before updating to second public beta x.x.126 we shot some material with 1.5.31 beta public version firmware and we had a shot with scrambling audio just the same as the one I sent you from India. The interesting think about this is that the clip before and the clip after were just fine. You need to know that nothing was changed in between the shots setup wise. The only think that comes to mind is that the NF was powered off between shots for saving battery. We had only one and never did plan to shoot for that extended time we did that was we powered off. Would you please test in your lab just as I'll with the new Beta public version x.x.126. Is it possible that to happened when the NF is still booting up and the Record button has been pushed?
In India, that wasn't the case as you you. The sound is playing normal at 12% speed... weird
Thank you
Luben
P.S.
Camera used Canon HV40 with NF via HDMI