DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Nab 2010 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/475279-nab-2010-a.html)

Adam Stanislav April 9th, 2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1512254)
Dear Friends,

Mike has recently posted our latest surprise.

nano3D will have a built-in 3D combiner/processor.

Sigh! Now I wish I had waited two months before buying my nF. The 3D version would have been so much better for my work.

Dan Keaton April 9th, 2010 05:40 PM

Dear Adam,

We have a misunderstanding.

The nano3D does not obsolete the nanoFlash in any way!

It enhances it.

The nano3D consists of two regualar nanoFlashes + a nano3D kit.

The nano3D kit consists of some special cables to connect two nanoFlashes together, a special mounting bracket, and a larger capacity AC power supply, and a special firmware release.

If you have nanoFlash serial number 1 all of the way up to the latest one that we built, it can be used as one of the nanoFlashes in a nano3D setup.

We have not obsoleted the nanoFlash in any way.

Each and every nanoFlash has RS-232 and RS-485 communication hardware built in. One of the cables allows for each nanoFlash to communicate with the other.

There is no reason to sell a nanoFlash and buy a nano3D. If you want a nano3D, get a second nanoFlash and a nano3D kit and you will have the same as a nano3D.

Thus, a nano3D consists of two regular nanoFlashes plus the nano3D kit. Only those starting without a nanoFlash should purchase a nano3D. Everyone else should purchase a second nanoFlash (if needed) then the nano3D kit.

At anytime, a nano3D can be separated into two separate nanoFlashes.

Darek Sepiolo April 9th, 2010 07:50 PM

This may sound like a naive question but does it mean that nano3D can work with only one camera?

Dan Keaton April 9th, 2010 08:18 PM

Dear Darak,

The nano3D can work with two cameras in 3D mode, or a special 3D camera that has two HD-SDI or HDMI outputs.

In Redundant Recording Mode it works with one camera.

Also, High Quality/Proxy Mode it works with one camera.

Rafael Amador April 9th, 2010 10:18 PM

CERTIFICATE of EARLY ADOPTER

Asking for compensations it doesn't sound well for me, even if is just joking
I've paid for my NANO even before being fully designed and I feel 100% satisfied with what I've got.
I really don't care about what new NANOs may have. Mine records great and i feel privileged
What I would like to get from CD is a "CERTIFICATE of EARLY ADOPTER" that shows that I had faith in the CDs team and helped a little to the development of this wonderful machine.
rafael

Adam Stanislav April 9th, 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1512298)
The nano3D consists of two regualar nanoFlashes + a nano3D kit.

That's good to hear. Thanks, Dan!

Luben Izov April 22nd, 2010 09:47 AM

From NAB 2010

HD Camera Rentals and Media Playback - Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver | camera department

Mark Job April 22nd, 2010 11:46 AM

??????????????????????????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael Amador (Post 1512377)
What I would like to get from CD is a "CERTIFICATE of EARLY ADOPTER" that shows that I had faith in the CDs team and helped a little to the development of this wonderful machine.
rafael

....Perhaps you could also include each purchaser of the Flash XDR in that group, since it was The First Period. ;-)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and we paid more money ;-)