DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Distortion in frames MPG recording (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/476664-distortion-frames-mpg-recording.html)

Ron Aerts April 12th, 2010 09:58 AM

Distortion in frames MPG recording

As I loose overview on the beta-post I make this a new thread, so things get ordenly seperated. Sorry guys, all the remarks and issues in 1 thread just doesn't work for me as I don't have all day to look through the posts.
Last weekend during a sports event I tested the new betaversion for backup recording with a EX3 cam.
As I already reported earlier with the latest official release I occasionally get a few distorted frames in the recordings of the nanoflash. Also playing back the files isn't working right, as I have to restart the NF every 2-3 playbacks. Sometimes it automatically skips to the next file during playing when reaching the EOF, most of the times the NF won't recognise and play MPG files from the flashcards. Rebooting is the only way to restart playing the file (from the start of file...)
The former test where I had problems was on an output from a Harris Atem production switcher. At that time my thoughts were that it could be a cable issue or maybe a weak signal from the switcher. We encountered no such problems with other gear connected to the Atem.
Now I went straight from the EX3 out to the NF in with official HD-SDI cable, and only 10 inches long so this can't be the problem.
Randomly there are artefacts in the frame at 1/3rd of the top sometimes 1-3 pixels sometimes half a line or more.
So my problem still isn't solved. In this test I had no chance to check the lipsync issues.
As I hear nobody about this distortions, can't it be a examplairy thing?
I'll try to get some framegrabs and post them here

Aaron Newsome April 12th, 2010 12:47 PM

Hi Ron. The problems you describe have been identified in the beta already.

Ron Aerts April 13th, 2010 02:46 AM

thanks, so most of you are reading all the posts?

Aaron Newsome April 13th, 2010 08:20 AM

I read them as they are posted. It would have been better to have a completely separate area for beta discussion but since dvinfo can't do that, the single thread is what we should do for now.

Dan is right, the forum shouldn't be cluttered with bug reports from beta software. It gives folks the wrong idea about the nano / XDR. The boxes running stable firmware are very stable.

I'll say that Dan, or someone at CD, should be managing the thread. Maybe once a week, create a new "rollup" thread, at the top of the new rollup thread, summarize all the issues noted up to that point.

That way, new users can dive right into the rollup thread and skip the 9 pages of banter.

Not going to happen now though, since everyone is at NAB.